Steinberg today releases Nuendo 6.0.7, a free maintenance update for the Nuendo 6.x product line. This new update provides fixes of important issues in areas such as MixConsole, plug-ins and project management.
In addition, Nuendo 6.0.7 features a rewrite of the AAF import filter, fixing problems occurring with AAF import of Pro Tools and Media Composer files.
Here is what's new in detail (download below):
Fixes and improvements
- • Start-time and volume levels of AAF files are now imported properly.
• Import of AAF files no longer creates an empty project.
• Import of AAF files no longer fails when video track import option is chosen on import dialog.
• AAF files from Apple Final Cut Pro are now positioned correctly in Nuendo.
• AAF files with various sample rates and bit depths are now imported correctly.
• Conversion of embedded files now works flawlessly.
• A problem related to the buffer size (occurring during media consolidation) has been solved.
• AAF-export now works correctly in embedded format.
• Import of embedded AAF files from Media Composer now works flawlessly and in a reasonable period of time.
• AAF files from Media Composer containing rendered effects are now positioned properly in the Nuendo timeline.
• ClipGain values are now written to all channels of a multi-channel track.
• Audio files are now imported and placed at the right position in the Nuendo timeline.
• Import of AAF files now works correctly (no missing clips).
• AAF files from AVID Media Composer containing stereo channels now open correctly in Nuendo.
• Import of embedded AAF files now works correctly even if special characters are used in media paths.
• Embedded AAF is now supported without limitations under Mac OS (32bit).
• AAF filter can now be set to 23,98fps project framerate and imports clips at correct position.
• Import of tracks now works correctly under 32bit.
- • When opening a file selector dialog the mouse wheel always works as expected.
• Reference and Dim preferences are no longer resetted.
• (OS X 10.9): All non-modal windows are displayed correctly.
- • Projects created in Cubase 7.5.x that use the new TrackVersions feature are fully compatible with Nuendo 6.0.7.
• When using the Browse button in the Add Audio Track window, the Previewer part is always displayed.
• The Edit Frame Offset settings are now applied correctly to the Nuendo SyncStation.
• Hovering over audio tracks in the tracklist no longer leads to audio drop-outs.
• Closing projects no longer results in an unresponsive state of the application.
- • The layout of MixConsole no longer misaligns when switching from a multi-display setup to a one-display system.
• Hiding the EQ section in the Channel Settings window now works as expected.
• Using Control+Shift+arrows in MixConsole for changing levels now works as expected.
• The context menu on the channel strip module knobs and in the fader area of MixConsole now works correctly.
• Loading a second project with MixConsole opened in full-screen no works flawlessly.
• When using knob mode (EQ section in the Channel Settings windows) the phase rerverse button is visible.
• Loading an FX chain preset no longer renders the application unreliable.
• Changing channels with cursor keys in the MixConsole (HW rack) no longer leads to an unresponsive state.
- • The Offline Process History title now shows the correct plug-in name.
• Adjusting the volume of an audio event via keyboard shortcut while the Crossfade Editor is opened no longer leads to an unresponsive state of the application.
• Emptying trash in the Audio Pool now works without issues.
- • The gain reduction meters of the Maximizer works as expected.
• Better performance when copying a REVerence instance to another channel or a channel containing REVerence.
• OSX 10.9: Using VST Connect no longer leads to an unsreponsive state of the application.
• Using REVerence (or Roomworks) and bypassing it, then moving to a section in the project without audio and disabling bypass for REVerence no longer leads to unwanted playback of a buffered reverb tail.
• Using REVerence and switching between two program slots while enabled parameter fading no longer produces audio artifacts.
- • MIDI: Resizing the controller lane in the Key Editor now works as expected.
• SCORE: Printing to PDF from Score Editor and replacing an existing PDF file no longer lead to an unresponsive state of the application.
• VIDEO: Importing multi-channel audio from QuickTime files now works as expected.
• HARDWARE: Changing the Digital I/O mode setting of MR 816 in the Control Panel or Audio Hardware Setup no longer renders the application unreliable.
Nuendo 6.0.7 alongside the full version history can be downloaded here:
Download Nuendo 6.0.7
Thanks for choosing Nuendo!