Nuendo 6.0.7 /AAF maintenance update available

Post general topics related to Nuendo 6 here.

Nuendo 6.0.7 /AAF maintenance update available

Postby TimoWildenhain » Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:54 pm

Dear forum-members,

Steinberg today releases Nuendo 6.0.7, a free maintenance update for the Nuendo 6.x product line. This new update provides fixes of important issues in areas such as MixConsole, plug-ins and project management.
In addition, Nuendo 6.0.7 features a rewrite of the AAF import filter, fixing problems occurring with AAF import of Pro Tools and Media Composer files.

Here is what's new in detail (download below):

Fixes and improvements

AAF Improvements
    • Start-time and volume levels of AAF files are now imported properly.
    • Import of AAF files no longer creates an empty project.
    • Import of AAF files no longer fails when video track import option is chosen on import dialog.
    • AAF files from Apple Final Cut Pro are now positioned correctly in Nuendo.
    • AAF files with various sample rates and bit depths are now imported correctly.
    • Conversion of embedded files now works flawlessly.
    • A problem related to the buffer size (occurring during media consolidation) has been solved.
    • AAF-export now works correctly in embedded format.
    • Import of embedded AAF files from Media Composer now works flawlessly and in a reasonable period of time.
    • AAF files from Media Composer containing rendered effects are now positioned properly in the Nuendo timeline.
    • ClipGain values are now written to all channels of a multi-channel track.
    • Audio files are now imported and placed at the right position in the Nuendo timeline.
    • Import of AAF files now works correctly (no missing clips).
    • AAF files from AVID Media Composer containing stereo channels now open correctly in Nuendo.
    • Import of embedded AAF files now works correctly even if special characters are used in media paths.
    • Embedded AAF is now supported without limitations under Mac OS (32bit).
    • AAF filter can now be set to 23,98fps project framerate and imports clips at correct position.
    • Import of tracks now works correctly under 32bit.

Global
    • When opening a file selector dialog the mouse wheel always works as expected.
    • Reference and Dim preferences are no longer resetted.
    • (OS X 10.9): All non-modal windows are displayed correctly.

Project
    • Projects created in Cubase 7.5.x that use the new TrackVersions feature are fully compatible with Nuendo 6.0.7.
    • When using the Browse button in the Add Audio Track window, the Previewer part is always displayed.
    • The Edit Frame Offset settings are now applied correctly to the Nuendo SyncStation.
    • Hovering over audio tracks in the tracklist no longer leads to audio drop-outs.
    • Closing projects no longer results in an unresponsive state of the application.

MixConsole
    • The layout of MixConsole no longer misaligns when switching from a multi-display setup to a one-display system.
    • Hiding the EQ section in the Channel Settings window now works as expected.
    • Using Control+Shift+arrows in MixConsole for changing levels now works as expected.
    • The context menu on the channel strip module knobs and in the fader area of MixConsole now works correctly.
    • Loading a second project with MixConsole opened in full-screen no works flawlessly.
    • When using knob mode (EQ section in the Channel Settings windows) the phase rerverse button is visible.
    • Loading an FX chain preset no longer renders the application unreliable.
    • Changing channels with cursor keys in the MixConsole (HW rack) no longer leads to an unresponsive state.

Audio
    • The Offline Process History title now shows the correct plug-in name.
    • Adjusting the volume of an audio event via keyboard shortcut while the Crossfade Editor is opened no longer leads to an unresponsive state of the application.
    • Emptying trash in the Audio Pool now works without issues.

Plug-Ins
    • The gain reduction meters of the Maximizer works as expected.
    • Better performance when copying a REVerence instance to another channel or a channel containing REVerence.
    • OSX 10.9: Using VST Connect no longer leads to an unsreponsive state of the application.
    • Using REVerence (or Roomworks) and bypassing it, then moving to a section in the project without audio and disabling bypass for REVerence no longer leads to unwanted playback of a buffered reverb tail.
    • Using REVerence and switching between two program slots while enabled parameter fading no longer produces audio artifacts.

Other
    • MIDI: Resizing the controller lane in the Key Editor now works as expected.
    • SCORE: Printing to PDF from Score Editor and replacing an existing PDF file no longer lead to an unresponsive state of the application.
    • VIDEO: Importing multi-channel audio from QuickTime files now works as expected.
    • HARDWARE: Changing the Digital I/O mode setting of MR 816 in the Control Panel or Audio Hardware Setup no longer renders the application unreliable.

Nuendo 6.0.7 alongside the full version history can be downloaded here:
Download Nuendo 6.0.7

Thanks for choosing Nuendo!
Timo
Timo Wildenhain - Product Marketing Manager
Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
Hamburg, Germany
Checkout Steinberg on YouTube, Twitter, Facebook and MySpace!
TimoWildenhain

Re: Nuendo 6.0.7 /AAF maintenance update available

Postby Oliver.Lucas » Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:59 pm

Great list of bugfixes!

Ollie
www.lucas-sound.com
Latest Nuendo on various Macs
Oliver.Lucas

Postby Antonio Escobar » Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:21 pm

Are these issues fixed?:

- Crash on quit using Euphonix hardware.
- Video service crashing.

Both of them have been reported months ago.

Thanks.
Antonio Escobar
http://www.antipop.es

---
Nuendo 6.0.x / Cubase 7.5.x
Mac Pro 3,1 Octo 2.8 Mhz, 8GB RAM, OS X 10.8.4
RME HDSPe, UAD2 Quad, 6.5.2, Novation Nocturne (as MIDI device), Unitor 8 (x2), ESI Pro MIDI, Blackmagic Intensity Pro
MacBook Air 4,2 4GB RAM, OS X 10.9.2
Antonio Escobar

Postby Bifop » Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:42 pm

Installed, everything is ok.
Thanks Steinberg.
Bifop

Postby Antonio Escobar » Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:46 pm

I have my answers: no, Steinberg has not fixed some of the issues that me (and tons of users http://www.steinberg.net/forums/search.php?keywords=eucon+crash+quit) have reported months ago.
Antonio Escobar
http://www.antipop.es

---
Nuendo 6.0.x / Cubase 7.5.x
Mac Pro 3,1 Octo 2.8 Mhz, 8GB RAM, OS X 10.8.4
RME HDSPe, UAD2 Quad, 6.5.2, Novation Nocturne (as MIDI device), Unitor 8 (x2), ESI Pro MIDI, Blackmagic Intensity Pro
MacBook Air 4,2 4GB RAM, OS X 10.9.2
Antonio Escobar

Postby Rotund » Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:58 pm

Mixer Key Command?
Dead Mouse Wheel Issues?
Focus issues?
Workspaces?
Flickering Cursor?

Is this the end of the Nuendo 6 development cycle?
So we are just stuck with the above issues forever
if we don't want to upgrade to 6.5 and do this all over again.

Recap:
Paid for software, waited over a year for the most basic of fixes,
and then you move on to another paid version without fixing said issues?

This makes me sad. I like Nuendo.
Inboard:
Win7Pro 64Bit, i7 3770k, Gigabyte Z77-UHD5, 12gb Corsair (1600Mhz), Nuendo+Nek 6.07, Nuendo+Nek 5.5.6, Reaper 4.591, Studio One, Raydat, UAD X 2, UM-3EX, Glyph eSata Audio Drive, 6TB Storage, U-He ACE, Arturia Moog Modular & Jupiter8v, Korg Legacy (MS-20, MonoPoly, Wavestation), Portico 5043/5033.

Outboard:
AKG 414-B XLII (Matched Pair), AKG D 112, Neumann TLM-193, GrooveTubes GT-66, Shure SM-81 (Pair), Sennheiser e604 (3pack), SM-57 (Many), Beta SM-57, AT-3035, Many More, Panasonic DA-7, Event 20/20p, Alesis Monitor One, Philips MMS321 Multimedia Speakers, TLAudio, HHB, JoeMeek, dbx, Moog Model D, Nordlead 2, Korg MS2000, Triton Le, Boss Dr. Rhythm DR-55, Sound Gizmo, Acoustic Drum Kit, Fender Stratocaster (USA), Ibanez EXSeries Bass, Laney VC-30.
Rotund

Postby MikeOF » Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:26 pm

The AAF updates seem to be working really well so far Timo, I'll keep you posted .... Cheers !!

Mike O'Farrell
MikeOF

Postby Robin Walsh » Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:58 pm

Thanks for the update!! Worked all night last night with no problems.
Nuendo 6.0.7/64bit- Windows 8.1 -Nvidia K4000 - RME - UAD
Robin Walsh

Postby JulesC » Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:36 pm

I have just installed the 6.07 update hoping it will sort the AAF issues I am having from Avid Media Composer7, sadly i am still getting audio in the wrong place and repeated audio in consecutive events.

AAF is still unusable from avid when dealing with P2 Media!!!!

I have been getting the editors to do AB rolls and exporting Direct Channel Out.

The AAF Import now also adds a one hour offset in Nuendo?

This is far from Flawless, more like flawfull.

I know Steinberg has re-written the AAF import code but not much has changed for me.

JulesC
IBM x3400 M3, 2 Xeon E6520 - 2.6gig quad-core+ht, 32 gig ram, nvidea Quadra k200 quad head graphics, SAD 254gig system drive, 2 x WD-RE4 (3terabyte), win7 64bit sp1, rme ff800 with time code option, rode k2, DEQ2496 for monitors, alphatrack, bcf200 for total mix mixer. N6 since N1.5
JulesC

Postby Audiomaniac » Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:10 pm

What does it mean "(OS X 10.9): All non-modal windows are displayed correctly."
Is it still necessary to set "Display have separate Spaces" option in the Mission Control Preferences, on OSX 10.9?
Thx
Audiomaniac

Postby Lydiot » Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:22 pm

JulesC wrote:I have just installed the 6.07 update hoping it will sort the AAF issues I am having from Avid Media Composer7, sadly i am still getting audio in the wrong place and repeated audio in consecutive events.

AAF is still unusable from avid when dealing with P2 Media!!!!

I have been getting the editors to do AB rolls and exporting Direct Channel Out.

The AAF Import now also adds a one hour offset in Nuendo?

This is far from Flawless, more like flawfull.

I know Steinberg has re-written the AAF import code but not much has changed for me.

JulesC

And you will have to pay for all of this to be fixed. Pay again.
Please PM for conversation.
Lydiot

Postby Lydiot » Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:26 pm

Rotund wrote:Mixer Key Command?
Dead Mouse Wheel Issues?
Focus issues?
Workspaces?
Flickering Cursor?

Is this the end of the Nuendo 6 development cycle?
So we are just stuck with the above issues forever
if we don't want to upgrade to 6.5 and do this all over again.

Recap:
Paid for software, waited over a year for the most basic of fixes,
and then you move on to another paid version without fixing said issues?

This makes me sad. I like Nuendo.

Yup.
Please PM for conversation.
Lydiot

Postby Rickard » Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:03 pm

I didn't see much of what I was looking for on this update but I'm sure that many are helped by it. The Channel and Rack config is still broken. I have to re-save one of my previous configurations to bring them all back still.

I would love to have the invert button back for the channel eq. I don't know why that was removed from N6.

I would love to see something that would allow zoom to apply to the edit window regardless of whether the mixer was in focus or not. That has been talked about.

I noticed that clicking on a plugin insert works much better. Select plugin menu came up way too often instead of the plugin itself and it was slower. Well done.

I still have N5.5 projects that I have to go back to and I really prefer N6.

Thanks Steinberg.

Dean
Win7|i7|12gig ram|LynxAES16|Lynx2C|Lynx Aurora|N6 + Nek|PT10 HD|UAD Quad x2| UM-3EX|Midex 8|Mackie Control + 2 extenders|too many mics and preamps to list
Rickard

Postby Dolfo » Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:33 pm

Antonio Escobar wrote:Are these issues fixed?:

- Crash on quit using Euphonix hardware.
- Video service crashing.

Both of them have been reported months ago.

Thanks.

Hi Antonio. I upadted yesterday and today got the crash video service, so... still broken.
MacPro 8 cores 2,8GHz 10GB RAM / OSX 10.9
Nuendo 6.0.7 NEK / Cubase 7.03
Halion 4 / Halion Sonic / The Grand 3
Waves / Prosoniq / Sonnox / Autotune 4 / Melodyne
Yamaha DM2000 V2 / Houston
MOTU 896HD mk3 / MOTU Traveler / MOTU 8Pre / MIDI Express 128 / MOTU MTPII
Dolfo

Postby KSD » Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:05 pm

Dolfo wrote: Hi Antonio. I upadted yesterday and today got the crash video service, so... still broken.

Same here, update to 6.0.7 and two times 'video service' crash.....

Alan
N6.0.7 64bit
Mac Pro 10.8.5 sixcore 3,33/24GB RAM/3xSSD
Mac Pro 10.8.5 eightcore 2,4/8 GB RAM
Mac Book Pro 10.8.5 quadcore Intel I7 2,4/8GB RAM/1xSSD
Aurora Lynx 16
Artist Control+Transport
Blackmagic Decklink Studio
KSD

Postby TimoWildenhain » Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:19 am

Hello,

thanks for the reports. We will have a look into this.

Thanks,
Timo
Hamburg, Germany
TimoWildenhain

Postby Brandy » Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:44 pm

Over the last three Months I used Nuendo 6.06 to record about 4 Full Length Albums, recording/editing 3 weeks straight each... Working usually about 60 hours/week in Nuendo should qualify me as some kind of a real-life user, right?

And I am still mixing in Nuendo 5.5 I have to say. Too much issues in the Mixing Console to let me work fast with bigger projects ( I usually prefer having the full album in one Project) in N5.5 then in clicky-clicky N6... I really need that "to catch the situation with one view" thing when I am mixing... Too much is hidden in Tabs, Mouseovers and stuff in N6..
Scrolling in a x-hundred track Mixing Console (stretched over 3 screems) is for some reasons slow.. quite boring to scroll! In N5 the same layout is blazing fast, at least when no plugin-GUIs in front of the mixer.

During these recording sessions I collected 2 A4 sheets of notes regarding smaller "issues" and bugs.. Stuff like the broken Mousewheel and other "small" but in a longer session quite annoying issues.

Though the list of fixes is quite impressive there are neither almost no of my "personal" issues fixed nor there are additional enhancements for making Mixing Console / Controlroom more usable. After 6.06 brought a couple of "it is the right direction" modifications I was full of hope to get a more usable Nuendo 6 Version with the just released update.

I hope there will be more fixes and enhancements because basically N6 is great. Not unusable though, but in some situations just a big step back compared to previous versions.
Christoph Brandes | Iguana Studios | Freiburg/Germany | Facebook | C6/C7.5 - N5.5/N6 - WL7 and lots of stuff like that | still originally registered in deepest 2001
Brandy

Postby Timeline » Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:18 pm

Offline process History now shows the names properly :D nice work.
Timeline

Postby bmoo » Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:22 pm

Before commiting to this new version I just ran an extremely simple Export/Import test with a couple of audio tracks with a few clips and volume automation. Also with a group and master with volume automations.
AAF export from N607 to the project folder (with reference to the audio - not copy). Close the project. Import AAF file as new project (import all tracks). The new opened project shows all the audio files in place with their volume automations. But the audio files are blank (no waveform) and no sound - just like empty containers with the proper file name on it. The audio files are obviously not referenced. I'm quite puzzled since I'm not even changing applications here.
I also tried to export/import as OMF: as far as I can see, it works as expected.
Before writing I did the test several times to make sure (and checked the manual). The menus are so simple that I can't see what I could have done wrong! Anyone can help?
bm
bmoo

Postby CHAOS » Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:55 pm

bmoo wrote:Before commiting to this new version I just ran an extremely simple Export/Import test with a couple of audio tracks with a few clips and volume automation. Also with a group and master with volume automations.
AAF export from N607 to the project folder (with reference to the audio - not copy). Close the project. Import AAF file as new project (import all tracks). The new opened project shows all the audio files in place with their volume automations. But the audio files are blank (no waveform) and no sound - just like empty containers with the proper file name on it. The audio files are obviously not referenced. I'm quite puzzled since I'm not even changing applications here.
I also tried to export/import as OMF: as far as I can see, it works as expected.
Before writing I did the test several times to make sure (and checked the manual). The menus are so simple that I can't see what I could have done wrong! Anyone can help?
bm

I have found there is something with the output connections. I had to delete my output connections and add them again. Of course this wipes out entirely my 2 buss in the project, but it worked for me. Doing this and saving the "new" outputs in Templates, has been what it took for me to use the new version.
Tune out the humming, turn on the stereo...

Windows 7 64bit, Nuendo 6, CPU: Core i7 980X Extreme, RAM: 24Gig, VGA: Gigabyte 1GB GTX, Motherboard: Gigabyte X58 USB3 Chipset
CHAOS

Postby bmoo » Sat Mar 08, 2014 6:56 pm

I tried your suggestion. No luck. In any case, I don't think that would explain the blank clips (they look like empty containers or "placeholders").
bmoo

Postby CHAOS » Sat Mar 08, 2014 7:04 pm

Oooh. I am sorry it was a no go. I hope someone else might give you the answers you need soon.
Tune out the humming, turn on the stereo...

Windows 7 64bit, Nuendo 6, CPU: Core i7 980X Extreme, RAM: 24Gig, VGA: Gigabyte 1GB GTX, Motherboard: Gigabyte X58 USB3 Chipset
CHAOS

Postby TimoWildenhain » Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:16 am

Hello,

in case you still encounter problems with the AAF import/export, please contact the AAF helpdesk
in this forum. Of course we tried to fix the most urgent issues, but there might be some problems
left as this topic is quite complex.

Thanks,
Timo
Hamburg, Germany
TimoWildenhain

Postby Puma0382 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:34 am

TimoWildenhain wrote:Hello,

in case you still encounter problems with the AAF import/export, please contact the AAF helpdesk
in this forum
. Of course we tried to fix the most urgent issues, but there might be some problems
left as this topic is quite complex.

Thanks,
Timo

And posting the direct link would be even more help, for those not understanding what/where you are actually talking about... ;)
viewtopic.php?f=194&t=45292
C7.5.20; Win 7 32bit; Q6600 2.4 Ghz; 4Gb RAM; NVIDIA GeForce 8400 GS; MIDISPORT 2x2; Delta1010LT;
WL8; Komplete9, StylusRMX
Puma0382

Postby TimoWildenhain » Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:47 am

I thought it's visible enough...
Hamburg, Germany
TimoWildenhain

Return to General