Nuendo record performance vs. PT

Post general topics related to Nuendo 6 here.

Re: Nuendo record performance vs. PT

Postby psvennevig » Fri May 09, 2014 5:18 pm

jvamos wrote:I would like to just chime in that N6 is beautiful but seems to be slower to export and just run with a bit higher VST than say N5 and it must have to do with the visual overhaul. The safety factor is there but I think most people would agree they are using a UPS in studio. I would like there to be preferences to scale Nuendo 6 back again. I find it works nicely on my older quad core computers but the CPU usage is definitely greater. I use RAIDing and don't have any disk speed performance issues. I think it's a major change under the hood.

Josh

ASIO guard is using cpu. Turn it off and you'll see CPU load like in N5.5. However you won't have the security of ASIO guard.

Pål
Nuendo 6.0.x, MAC pro, Macbook Pro 17" i7, RME MADIe, RME Babyface, Artist Mix, Control and Transport, CC121.
psvennevig

Postby jvamos » Wed May 14, 2014 3:34 pm

Does ASIO guard protect the export audio mixdown function? Would hyperthreading introduce clicks and pops into the tracks?
jvamos

Postby jvamos » Wed May 14, 2014 4:37 pm

My tests show a difference of about 4 minutes with a 50 minute 5.1 mix with several stems.
jvamos

Postby psvennevig » Wed May 14, 2014 8:47 pm

jvamos wrote:Does ASIO guard protect the export audio mixdown function? Would hyperthreading introduce clicks and pops into the tracks?

On some computers hyper thread can be a mess yes. On new Macs you should turn of HT.
Use the app "Instruments" to do this. Instruments comes with the free download Xcode.

Pål
Nuendo 6.0.x, MAC pro, Macbook Pro 17" i7, RME MADIe, RME Babyface, Artist Mix, Control and Transport, CC121.
psvennevig

Previous

Return to General