ADR Taker - Can I specify filenames in the Take List?

Post general topics related to Nuendo 6 here.

ADR Taker - Can I specify filenames in the Take List?

Postby diode303 » Mon May 05, 2014 3:53 am

I'm not a Nuendo user, but am seriously looking at taking the plunge.

I do sound for games and part of my job is dialogue recording. Typically, recordings have to be split into individual files, usually consisting of 1 line of dialogue (sometimes even less!) for implementation into the game. Each of these files has to be named very specifically.

To cut a long story short, I would like to be able to import a script (in CSV format) containing filenames for each section of dialogue, then step through each section one by one and have the software automatically name each section with filename specific to each section.

Will Nuendo let me do this? I've had a look around online but haven't been able to get a definite answer.
diode303

Re: ADR Taker - Can I specify filenames in the Take List?

Postby Bodo » Mon May 05, 2014 7:05 am

Hi diode303,

The ADR feature of Nuendo 6 does not have a file naming related to marker attributes.

But the upcoming Nuendo 6.5 will introduce new ADR features. One of them is a basic file naming scheme. I can't provide details yet, but you should check it out as soon as there is more information available (Q2 2014).

Cheers,
Bodo
Bodo Winter, Software Developer
Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
Hamburg, Germany
Check out Steinberg on YouTube, Twitter and Facebook!
Bodo
Steinberg Employee

Re: ADR Taker - Can I specify filenames in the Take List?

Postby Tumppi Järnefelt » Mon May 05, 2014 4:13 pm

Hi!
Here is a link to few ADR feature ideas that I came up when doing ADR with Nuendo. If I understood you want something that is listed there.
viewtopic.php?f=186&t=49628

All ideas about ADR feature are welcomed IMO as ADR could be absolute killer when compared to competition. It is already but lets make it even better.

Bye / Tumppi
ADK laptop i7
Win7 64bit home
N6.0.x and 6.5
RME FF800
http://www.finnvox.fi/en/cinepost
Tumppi Järnefelt

Return to General