Serious mixdown bug

Post general topics related to Nuendo 6 here.

Serious mixdown bug

Postby Rickard » Mon May 19, 2014 1:13 am

I have run into a show stopper. Nuendo cuts out a piece of audio on a specific track in the middle of a mix. I have had this problem before with the 1st N6 version and it has reared its ugly head again. I posted with this thread: viewtopic.php?f=194&t=37065

It was not taken seriously by Steinberg then. Back then I tried moving to a new hard drive which made no difference. I have tried exporting the soloed track that drops out with no plugins or fx and it does the same thing. I have tried disabling every unnecessary track. I have tried moving the track very slightly with no change. I've tried a real time mix but I get an drive-not-fast-enough error halfway through so it has to be offline. What is up with this? Anyone else see this?

I almost left out the most important detail. The song plays back without any trouble. The problem only occurs with offline mixdown.

Dean
Win7|i7|12gig ram|LynxAES16|Lynx2C|Lynx Aurora|N6 + Nek|PT10 HD|UAD Quad x2| UM-3EX|Midex 8|Mackie Control + 2 extenders|too many mics and preamps to list
Rickard

Re: Serious mixdown bug

Postby likelystory » Mon May 19, 2014 3:26 am

I've had this happen before on a drive which had bad blocks. Played back okay but was not correct with offline mixdown. Replacing the drive fixed it.
likelystory

Postby Rickard » Mon May 19, 2014 7:26 pm

The last time I had this problem I tried porting the project to a new drive but it didn't make a difference. I am going to try it again and hopefully it is just a drive error. Thanks.

Dean
Win7|i7|12gig ram|LynxAES16|Lynx2C|Lynx Aurora|N6 + Nek|PT10 HD|UAD Quad x2| UM-3EX|Midex 8|Mackie Control + 2 extenders|too many mics and preamps to list
Rickard

Postby Rickard » Mon May 19, 2014 10:17 pm

So I moved the project and I get the same error so it is not the drive. This is also what I experienced last time. I tried swapping out the problem area with a different take and still get the same error.
The significance around this is that when I ran into this problem before, it worked fine in N5.5. Also in N5.5 I could mix down large projects in real time that I can't in N6 without a disk overload. This suggests that there is something wrong with the way the audio engine has changed in N6. It is not as efficient and is prone to error. I don't see these problems show up on smaller projects, only with large ones. Hugh started a thread that also suggests this.

viewtopic.php?f=194&t=57362

My workaround at this point is to do a realtime mixdown (I don't get a disk overload when it is only for a few seconds) for a little more than the duration of the error and splice it into the full song mixdown that I can only do offline. Then I recreate the full song by doing another mixdown of the spliced version. PITA!

Please look into this Steinberg. I can send any files that may help.

Dean
Rickard

Postby Rickard » Thu May 22, 2014 3:57 am

I am the only one who has seen high track count projects that would real time mix in 5.5 that won't in N6? Other errors not included?

Dean
Rickard

Postby mufi » Wed May 28, 2014 2:27 pm

I had this problem in n5.x and it boiled down to automation. Try to delete all automation on that track, in that range (automation panel).
Nuendo 5.5.6 64bit | Asus Sabretooth P67, i7 2600K, 8gb ddr3 | Windows 7 x64 | RME FF400 | BM Intensity | MCU Pro | Frontier AlphaTrack
mufi

Postby Rickard » Fri May 30, 2014 3:15 am

I will give it a try although N5.5 is fine for me. The problem is only with N6x. Thanks mufi.

Dean
Rickard

Return to General