Nuendo menu with new mac pro

Hi Laddie. I don’t have any experience with Nuendo on PC so maybe someone else can chime in on that.

As far as Yosemite, I believe Steinberg came straight out and said do not use Nuendo on Yosemite yet.

I’m on Mavericks and I tried to give myself as much headroom as possible so I got an 8 core system running 3ghz processors. I also threw 64 gigs of RAM into it.

I have to say that the performance I am getting is very impressive. Since these seem to be designed for external drives for production, I’d say do some extra reading and make sure you get some drives that can really shovel. Don’t just get something designed to put your pictures on.

Once I got up and running, Nuendo seems to be very smooth, at least for me. I’ve been working on a large project for several days - 332 tracks, 13000 plus audio files, 466 gigs of data, 2 plus hours long - and it’s not given me any problems at all. I will say that it’s quite a bit faster than the other macs I’ve had. My previous machine was a 12 core system, 3ghz chips I believe, and 32 gigs of RAM and this trashcan is noticeably snappier in all aspects from startup, to loading a project, to processing. So, for me at least, the processors truly are the real deal.

I only use Izotope RX for spot restoration, I don’t really use it as an insert, so I can’t say how it’ll behave on that.

But as far as the trashcan is concerned, I really like the speed. The i/o ports on the side are a mixed bag for me, and I realized that I didn’t get a CD/DVD burner until after I got the machine.

Those are my impressions so far.

Thanks!

Darren “Thunder Ain’t A Bolt” Ingram