Which Hardware Controller for Nuendo 6.5?

Ha! I do, don’t I?
But, no. The MC Spec is just a spec. It’s how the DAW developers choose to implement it that makes the difference.
So I guess you could call me a Steinberg fan. At least CB 7.5.3, so far. 8 will come around.

When using the upper left Assignment Button you get the choice to assign Output Buss, Monitor Status (on/off), Input Buss, Input Gain, and Input Phase on a per channels basis.
Are you using your MCUs in “Cubase” (I guess “Nuendo”" for you) mode? “Compatibility” mode does not give you these functions (and many others).

I guess I’m not sure what exactly your issue is here. As to the accuracy between physical fader moves and what the level indicated on the screen is I’m getting very smooth tracking - the smallest physical move I can make on a fader is giving me something like < .1DB ( less than 1/10th DB) level change. Personally, I cannot hear less than 1/10th DB in level change (this obviously gets larger as attenuation increases) - so this works for my tin ears (I can always Shift/Mouse it if I get neurotic). :wink:
The Spec uses Dual Accuracy (2 controller steams per continuous) so you theoretically get 1K plus something values per fader.
Even with larger projects with lots of automation I’m getting these results. Since my setup is using 3 MIDI streams (MCU has it’s own 4 port USB interface) - 1 per 8 channels - you’ve got a bit more bandwidth.
Faders play back smooth and quiet - I’m sure that’s not your problem.

Wow. I thought maybe you had the older units - they reportedly had some problems with the string fader drives - but, no (as I see in your studio photo),
Your situation mystifies me. It’s definitely “Broken”. Not a limitation of the technology. MC Spec is used by the top Console Manf in the world for DAW control in their hardware.
My MCUs work smoothly and continuously - and have for 4 years or so.
I have a hard time believing that the integration of the MC Spec is any different in
N6.5 than CB 7.5. Shame if it is!
Nice Studio, by the way. Had a 4000 SqFt 24 track Tape/DAW based room myself for a number of years. Miss it. Don’t miss the financial struggles, though.

Good luck with your search!

Hugh

PS I AM pushing the MC Spec here -I want EVERYBODY to use it SB continues support . . :unamused: