Plugin Problems in C7.5

Everything else...

Re: Plugin Problems in C7.5

Postby Dave » Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:02 am

Hi silhouette.
Thanks for input

Yes have checked folders, locations and paths are the same. C7.06 and C7.5 reside on same computer. Plugin directory is separate from each of the Cubase versions and it is pointed to via the plugin information menu options via paths. The machine is only 32bit so only 32bit Cubase loaded.

I have just tested the environment on 64bit machine with the IKM CSR reverb and it works fine in both 7.06 and 7.5. So its only 7.5 on the 32bit machine that's giving me this registry error.

Another odd thing has just occurred as I ran the update plugin option from the plugin information menu (the idea being to let the program scan everything as per the programmers code) I now have additional errors which refer to
a) Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
Runtime Error!
Program: F:\Steinberg\Cubase7-5\Cubase7.5.exe
R6025
-pure virtual function call

b) and errors for not finding a licence for GA Clean (I assume this is something to do with Grove Agent not sure which version as I have GA3, GAOne and GA SE4 ) and also REV-X errors popped up then Cubase 7-5 crashed. (I should have licences for these OK and the elicenser is up to date and cleaned/maintained

Not sure if these are important as reloaded and tried to load GA One and GA SE both appear to load OK Tested REV-X (I have both an MR816CSX and a UR28M) and the MR816 version loaded. So no idea why the errors occurred. CSR still wouldn't work still reporting registry errors on C-7.5 only, but still loads OK in 7.06 which of course is using the same registry data.

It just appears to me there's something wrong in the C7.5 code in respect of parsing the plugin data on a 32bit machine. I've tried swapping the Cubase 32bit exe between the working 64bit machine where I installed both 32 and 64bit versions trying to rule out a corrupt installation on the .exe file. No joy there.

I ran Microsoft performance monitor for both C7.06 and C7.5 which shows registry calls made in real time. Comparing results C7.5 seems to have a problem with one of the key registry codes as mention in earlier posts which must be the root of the problem. I'm left with a question on what causes a program not to read registry values and would such an issue be unique to one machine? If there's a user fix for this I can't see where/how.

Running out of options/ideas to resolve this other than a compete reinstall of 7.5 or windows 7. Neither of which is an attractive option. (Already did the plugins). Even if I did this there would be no certainty of resolving this issue especially if its bad code in C7.5. It just seems something must have been changed in this area of plugin processing by Steinberg when C7.5 was coded. C7.06 is fine.

I think this one might have to be raised direct to Steinberg support.

Cheers
Dave
Cubase 7.5.10, CC121, MR816CSX, Windows 7 32&64 iMac OSX 10.9 Maverick.
Wavelab 8.03, Groove Agent 3, HSO, Halion 5, Grand 3, Halion Sonic 2, Cubasis for iPad, ICPro other plugins.

Keep smiling its later than you think.
Dave

Postby silhouette » Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:49 am

Just a thought. What version of Amplitude are you using? I feel sure that you have downloaded the latest version - but perhaps not.
Intel i7 64bit - 3.4 x 6 - 12 gig RAM - Windows 7 - RME Fireface UC - UAD Solo + Duo - Komplete 8 - All uhe - S-Gear/Revalver 3.5/Amplitude3 - Alchemy
silhouette

Postby Dave » Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:13 pm

I do have the latest Amplitube but that shouldn't be an issue for C7.5 given everything works Ok in C7.06. C7.5 is having a problem in reading my Ikm registry entries so doesn't just hit amplitube but CSR as well.

I've just managed to test running the 32bit versions of C7.5 on my 64 bit win 7 machine and all plugins run ok.

This has got to be some kind of unique registry parsing problem on my win 7 32 bit only machine which doesn't impact C7.06 only C7.5. I haven't looked at the Ikm end of things much simply because the plugs work in all other tested situations except C7.5 on the win7 32bit machine. The only area impacted is the Ikm plugins all others ok. Must be a corrupt key somewhere which only throws the C7.5 code. Plugin reinstall didn't fix it, so something left behind that should be removed by uninstall perhaps?

Unfortunately I don't know enough about how a registry is read and the differences between a 64bit machine registry and 32 bit so I'm left with the long way of trial and error testing with no shortcuts.

I'll get there, just going to take time and patience. Any ideas / observation forum members throw in all assist.

Cheers
David
Last edited by Dave on Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wavelab 8.03, Groove Agent 3, HSO, Halion 5, Grand 3, Halion Sonic 2, Cubasis for iPad, ICPro other plugins.

Dave

Postby mroekalea » Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:50 pm

Somewhere down the road something got mixed up. Trying to get to know what that was could be a very long trail on error adventure. Maybe the best solution is to reinstall verything from ground up again, I know not really desirable but I know from past experience that a reinstall takes 1 day and the troubleshooting can fill up months of your time. I run the full TRacks suite and a lot of Amplitude custom shop in 64 bit with no problems, in fact the IK Multimedia seems the most stable plugins for now on mine system.
Menoj
Win8.1, 3930K@3.2Ghz, 32GB with Cubase 7.5 & artist 7.5, wavelab 8 elements, HSO, RND Portico 5033, MR816X+Focusrite pro 26 IO, Adam P22a + sub8, CC121, Cubase IC pro, Halion 5, VG2, Arturia AF, TRacks CS grand + all custom elements, BFD3, Amplitube 3 (fender, orange, SVX collections, slash), HSO library, Fender Jazz basses, MB octaver, fender bassman 100, Orange AD200B, MB TTE500, TECAMP, Fender & FMC 12 cabs!
mroekalea

Postby Dave » Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:21 pm

Hi mroekalea

Trouble is the only 2 installs left to try are C7.5 and Windows 7.
As this machine is more than a DAW re-installing Windows is not really an option, but that's likely to be the only one which fixes any potential registry corruption.

Given everything is OK in C7.07 (just updated from 7.06). I may just have to stick with that where items needed and shift the audio file.

C7.5 re-install is on the test list, but I'm waiting till the tomorrows patch just in case.

At least the positive here is I am refreshing a lot of my knowledge on diagnostics and the registry.

Got a few diagnostic things yet to try and waiting to see if Steinberg can give me any clues, they should know how their plugin code parsing works, but whether they will divulge to fix a single user problem we've yet to see. As a Steinberg user who has nearly all their products I'd like to think so but there's not a lot of short term profit in it :-).

Cheers
David

Dave

Postby Freddie H » Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:21 pm

Dave wrote:I have two distinct plugin problems since installing Cubase 7.5 which do not manifest themselves in Cubase 6.5 or 7.06.
As far as I can tell these plugins are as VST2.4 level.

Anyone got any idea what Cubase 7.5 will be checking for in the Win7 registry which it can't find?

The registry is the same for both Cubase 7.5 and Cubase 7.06 so this is very odd.

If anyone who is using this plugin with Cubase 7.5 could give me some feedback to confirm it works it would be a start.

Cheers
Dave

Yes, I might know what causing this!
You have disable AERO so now the windows API calls can't get thru.
Please, don't disable AERO on Windows 7 or Windows 8. Its just stupid and has no real meaning on these new systems.

PLEASE all FOLKS! PLEASE STOP DOING XP Tweaks on Windows 7 and Windows 8.
You are not on XP32 anymore so STOP DOING XP TWEKAS on Windows 7 and Windows 8!!!
OLD XP TWEKAS ARE NOT valid on Windows 7 and Windows 8!!!

It makes only your computer and Cubase and all other application don't work and lower the performance of the system.

With AERO ON = all graphic runs exclusive on graphic card, zero CPU in use and it look nice.
With AERO OFF = all graphic runs and use the CPU only and direct API calls keeps making errors that can cause crashes of applications like Cubase + it look ugly as hell like Windows 95 look. Exactly as on your picture.

I hope Microsoft makes it impossible to disable AERO in the future so we never ever going to see more new computers look like Windows 95.

Activate AERO and problem solve! At least one thing less setting that are "wrong" to worried about!

Best Regards
Freddie
-Highly developed spirits often encounter resistance from mediocre minds. -It really matters!
Freddie H

Postby Dave » Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:20 am

Hi Freddie.

Turned on default Aero scheme.
Loaded C7.5
Loaded CSR Hall plugin
Still Registry error generated so does not appear related.

Turning Aero off to continue tests.

Cheers
Dave

Dave

Postby Dave » Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:11 am

Eureeka....SOLVED thanks to observation from Steinberg's Fabio.

Something simple that I missed.

I run my programs from shortcuts and on checking the compatibility settings I found run as admin turned off on the C7.5 shortcut. Reset to on .. problem solved.

Lesson to check and double check, just because you do something by habit recheck you did it.

Thanks to all for input on this. I also note that member mroekalea did reference UAC as a potential issue in an earlier post but I clearly missed checking my shortcut setting for run as admin.

Now on to next bug......

:-)

Cheers
Dave

Dave

Postby mroekalea » Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:48 am

Cheers! the important thing is: now you can rock!
Menoj
Win8.1, 3930K@3.2Ghz, 32GB with Cubase 7.5 & artist 7.5, wavelab 8 elements, HSO, RND Portico 5033, MR816X+Focusrite pro 26 IO, Adam P22a + sub8, CC121, Cubase IC pro, Halion 5, VG2, Arturia AF, TRacks CS grand + all custom elements, BFD3, Amplitube 3 (fender, orange, SVX collections, slash), HSO library, Fender Jazz basses, MB octaver, fender bassman 100, Orange AD200B, MB TTE500, TECAMP, Fender & FMC 12 cabs!
mroekalea

Postby Freddie H » Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:14 am

Dave wrote:Eureeka....SOLVED thanks to observation from Steinberg's Fabio.

Something simple that I missed.

I run my programs from shortcuts and on checking the compatibility settings I found run as admin turned off on the C7.5 shortcut. Reset to on .. problem solved.

Lesson to check and double check, just because you do something by habit recheck you did it.

Thanks to all for input on this. I also note that member mroekalea did reference UAC as a potential issue in an earlier post but I clearly missed checking my shortcut setting for run as admin.

Now on to next bug......

:-)

Cheers
Dave

Have AERO on and you will see it will work even better...

Best Regards
Freddie
-Highly developed spirits often encounter resistance from mediocre minds. -It really matters!
Freddie H

Postby Dave » Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:32 am

Been following the performance posts and this is my next task as I was getting the C7.5 glitches others referred to.

My own testing found some issues with the power managent settings. I note the point about Aero and today's program scheduler tweak. Couple these with the fact I'd been running C7.5 as non admin. I could see why performance glitches could crop up. I noted a discussion I think on the KVR forums where someone had been looking at the Nvidea drivers in detail and found a few issues. Clearly Nvidea look towards gaming capability so will incorporate stuff which would not be needed when running a DAW. Fabio's recent post on graphics is also interesting. My Graphic card uses Nvidea and I tend to update the driver fairly regularly so will get caught in these changes from time to time giving rise to odd problem.

Keep the observations coming Freddie I find them useful.

Cheers
David

Dave

Previous

Return to Miscellaneous