Stache Of Glory

General discussions on songwriting, mixing, music business and other music related topics.

Stache Of Glory

Postby ErikSchroder » Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:04 pm

This is a track I composed this past weekend for a game jam. It's the main title. I think it's cute.

Stache Of Glory (Soundcloud)

Tools!
  • Cubase 6
  • iZtotope Ozone 5 Advanced
  • HALion Sonic (Tenor Loud Growl SW, 2 Coil Clean Tremolo, 60s Transistor Organ and Digi Harpsichord)
  • Scarbee MM-Bass
  • Studio Drummer (Session Kit)
  • Scarbee Funk Guitarist
  • Kontakt 5 Factory Library (Trumpet Section)

Tell me what you think! :D
Hardware: MacBook Pro (2010; i7 2.66 GHz dual core, 8 GB RAM 1066 MHz), KORG SP-250, M-Audio Profire 610.
Software: Cubase 6, Adobe Audition CS5.5, KOMPLETE 8, HALion Sonic, EW/QL libraries (most of the old ones), UVI Soundbanks (Retro Organs, Toy Museum), Zero-G Nostalgia, Ozone 5 Advanced.
ErikSchroder

Re: Stache Of Glory

Postby Suprawill1 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:13 pm

Sounds like it will keep you ahead of the game. I listened to this and in 2 minutes, I cleaned my entire house! lol

Joking aside, it typifies some of the older stand-up hardware games I used to play. It's definitely a happy track. I don't know why Super mario comes to mind. But then again, I'm not familiar with more of the contemporary games.
Clean track and a decent mix. I guess because some of the sounds are retro, (60's Transister Organ etc) it reminds me of older games. Good job for the application though.
Home built Antec tower - Gigabyte EP45-UD3R - Intel Q9550@3.4G - Gemini cooler - Corsair CMPSU-550VX - 8G Crucial Ballistix - Dual monitor - Cubase Studio 5 - Vista Business 64 - Tascam FW-1082 mixer/card/controller/interface - Melodyne - Kore - Kontact - Halion Sonic - HSO - Addictive Drums - Morphology Etc Etc
Suprawill1

Postby Andresgp » Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:57 pm

Hahaha this is great man! It reminds me of my Mario Kart days with the pals. Pretty sure you got the game sesh fired up with this tune.

Enjoyed.
Andresgp

Postby ErikSchroder » Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:37 am

Suprawill1 wrote:Sounds like it will keep you ahead of the game. I listened to this and in 2 minutes, I cleaned my entire house! lol

Joking aside, it typifies some of the older stand-up hardware games I used to play. It's definitely a happy track. I don't know why Super mario comes to mind. But then again, I'm not familiar with more of the contemporary games.
Clean track and a decent mix. I guess because some of the sounds are retro, (60's Transister Organ etc) it reminds me of older games. Good job for the application though.

Thanks a lot! Well, it's not unusual you're thinking about older game music, since they were all about a catchy melody (except a few). I always aim for a good melody.

Andresgp wrote:Hahaha this is great man! It reminds me of my Mario Kart days with the pals. Pretty sure you got the game sesh fired up with this tune.

Enjoyed.

Thanks man! :D Love Mario Kart and I can hear what you mean, it has its likeness to some music in Mario Kart 64. Didn't think about it at the time, though.
Hardware: MacBook Pro (2010; i7 2.66 GHz dual core, 8 GB RAM 1066 MHz), KORG SP-250, M-Audio Profire 610.
Software: Cubase 6, Adobe Audition CS5.5, KOMPLETE 8, HALion Sonic, EW/QL libraries (most of the old ones), UVI Soundbanks (Retro Organs, Toy Museum), Zero-G Nostalgia, Ozone 5 Advanced.
ErikSchroder

Postby MFox » Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:00 pm

Great sound quality. Do you play the guitar? I like the effect on it. You used some effects with great success because it all works together rather well. Michael.
Mac Mini, 64 G RAM, Cubase IA 5, Yamaha S90XS, Saffire LE
MFox

Postby ErikSchroder » Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:11 pm

MFox wrote:Great sound quality. Do you play the guitar? I like the effect on it. You used some effects with great success because it all works together rather well. Michael.

Thanks a lot! :D

Nope, I do not play the guitar.
ErikSchroder

Postby ErikSchroder » Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:38 am

If anyone's interested, the entire soundtrack is available at Bandcamp for free: http://royalrailway.bandcamp.com/album/ ... soundtrack

4 tracks in total.
ErikSchroder

Postby firestamper » Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:00 pm

very good ,infact when people start acting like di cks , music like this should automatically start up. :D
firestamper

Postby shadowfax » Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:46 pm

Agree with firestamper on this..spot on...Kevin
https://soundcloud.com/knmac ... https://knmac.bandcamp.com/... Cubase 7 64 bit on W7 intel i7-2700 CPU@3.50GHz, 2xSSD's..16GB ram, Yamaha N8, Genelec 8030BPM/Genelec7050BPM monitors...SPL track one, Shure KSM32 and a homemade soundbooth.
shadowfax

Return to Steinberg Lounge