Floating On The Ocean Of Impermanence

General discussions on songwriting, mixing, music business and other music related topics.

Floating On The Ocean Of Impermanence

Postby Zerik » Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:10 pm

I have been composing instrumental music for a few years now, but it's hard to get real honest feedback on my tracks.
So I thought I would share my latest composition with you and see what you think!

https://soundcloud.com/erik-zilliacus/f ... e-ocean-of

My mixing and mastering skills are not great, just basic so feel free to comment on that but also on what you think of the track as a whole and my style.

Thanks!!
Zerik

Re: Floating On The Ocean Of Impermanence

Postby Andresgp » Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:53 am

This is very cool man. You have really good musical ideas and your tracks tell a story, which is what it should really be about. I really liked your arrangement, very good transitions that made sense and complemented each other nicely. It took me for a ride :D

I could see your music accompanying some sort of video.

The mix is not bad either. I'd say you are in the right track my friend. You are doing the right thing by deciding to share your music to new people, I think many would like it.
Andresgp

Postby ferencz » Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:55 am

nice work!...love the transitions....shows creativity!

frank
HP I7/3 .4g/8g ram/Emu 1212m/Novation Zero SL MKII/Halion 4.5/Halion Sonic SE/Padshop Pro/Wavelab 4/Cubase 6.5
ferencz

Postby Suprawill1 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:04 am

Very cool! Enough going on there where one couldn't easliy anticipate it's direction. A lot of atmospheric depth and shows musical intelligence. I could hear a few layers of moods rolling in sync.
By the time I got to the middle of this song, I could definitely see the credits rolling for the end of a high drama action movie. Mix was very good. I like it a lot. :) Keep up the good work!
Home built Antec tower - Gigabyte EP45-UD3R - Intel Q9550@3.4G - Gemini cooler - Corsair CMPSU-550VX - 8G Crucial Ballistix - Dual monitor - Cubase Studio 5 - Vista Business 64 - Tascam FW-1082 mixer/card/controller/interface - Melodyne - Kore - Kontact - Halion Sonic - HSO - Addictive Drums - Morphology Etc Etc
Suprawill1

Postby shadowfax » Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:50 am

very eclectic piece of music, you've kept it interesting throughout, couldn't pick up any obvious mixing probs, sounded good here, well done...Kevin
https://soundcloud.com/knmac ... https://knmac.bandcamp.com/... Cubase 7 64 bit on W7 intel i7-2700 CPU@3.50GHz, 2xSSD's..16GB ram, Yamaha N8, Genelec 8030BPM/Genelec7050BPM monitors...SPL track one, Shure KSM32 and a homemade soundbooth.
shadowfax

Postby Zerik » Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:35 pm

Thank you for the awesome feedback and comments, really appreciate it!
Zerik

Return to Steinberg Lounge