Posting Music in the new & improved forum

General discussions on songwriting, mixing, music business and other music related topics.

Posting Music in the new & improved forum

Postby RLS » Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:24 pm

Personally, I always liked the [Music] being stirred in with the other Lounge topics and am pleased it has returned.

To help idenify the [Music] from other threads, in the subject line the 'standard method' if you will was

"[Music]song title"

I thought this always help sort things out. Any thoughts on this? Seems it would be good to get this going down the best path sooner than later.

RLS
RLS

Re: Posting Music in the new & improved forum

Postby firestamper » Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:38 pm

yes see what you mean ,although you can generally recognize a song title from a dilemma ," i love you so much i can`t crap" is a dilemma though.
firestamper

Postby Suprawill1 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:20 pm

I have to agree with RLS in posting "Music" before the title because a song title can be "anything" and be misconstrued as a typical "Lounge" post. Unfortunately, I'll miss having "Made With" as a separate section because finding "just" songs will be a dilemma in itself.
Home built Antec tower - Gigabyte EP45-UD3R - Intel Q9550@3.4G - Gemini cooler - Corsair CMPSU-550VX - 8G Crucial Ballistix - Dual monitor - Cubase Studio 5 - Vista Business 64 - Tascam FW-1082 mixer/card/controller/interface - Melodyne - Kore - Kontact - Halion Sonic - HSO - Addictive Drums - Morphology Etc Etc
Suprawill1

Postby curteye » Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:39 pm

Suprawill1 wrote:because finding "just" songs will be a dilemma in itself.

+1
{'-'}
If yer gear ain't breakin down, you aint workin' much.

iMac i7 2.8Gz 16GB 10.9...../C5.5/6.5/7.5
Mbook 2.4Gz 4GB 10.7.5.../C5.5/6.5/7.5

On the side of a volcano in the middle of the Pacific Ocean.
curteye
Grand Senior Member

Postby RLS » Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:02 am

Keep the faith guys. When I first joined this forum, it was a crazy active place with " [Music]song title" sprinkled all over the place. I have no idea how or who started the system, but it worked great. Everyone who came to the lounge saw the music and listened more, actually I have no basis for that. I would guess it's a case of everyone liking what they are most familiar with best.

RLS
RLS

Postby shadowfax » Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:33 pm

RLS wrote:Personally, I always liked the [Music] being stirred in with the other Lounge topics and am pleased it has returned.

To help idenify the [Music] from other threads, in the subject line the 'standard method' if you will was

"[Music]song title"

I thought this always help sort things out. Any thoughts on this? Seems it would be good to get this going down the best path sooner than later.

RLS

seems like a good idea...Kevin
https://soundcloud.com/knmac ... https://knmac.bandcamp.com/... Cubase 7.5.3 64 bit on W7 intel i7-2700 CPU@3.50GHz, 2xSSD's..16GB ram, Yamaha N8, Genelec 8030BPM monitors Genelec 7050BPM bass bin...SPL track one pre amp, Shure KSM32 mic and a homemade soundbooth.
shadowfax

Return to Steinberg Lounge