OT: Yamaha buys Line 6

General discussions on songwriting, mixing, music business and other music related topics.

Re: OT: Yamaha buys Line 6

Postby Brad Mize » Sat Dec 28, 2013 6:40 pm

I too have a Variax and a POD X3 Live! that have never given me a problem in 6 years. Guitar players that visit my studio are always impressed with the capabilities. I don't see the "purist" guitar players giving up their Strats or LPs or their tube amps or pedals anymore than I see true Hammond and Rhodes purists using substitutes instead, but they do have their place. As a keyboard player who dabbles in guitar (and technology), I got them because I wanted to cover as many bases as possible. Kinda like my Kronos does.

I see Yamaha buying Line 6 as a good thing as Yamaha will be able to pour more resources into Line 6 R&D. It should be amazing watching what they come up with AND seeing that technology trickle down into Cubase. If you don't know, they partnered with Bogner and developed a real tube amp a few years back and have developed a simple (idiot-proof) PA system that you can run from your iPad on stage or from the audience. Worth watching the videos on YouTube if you haven't seen it yet.
PC: Asus i7 - 16GB RAM - 256GB SSD - 2TB HDD - Win 7 Professional
Audio & MIDI: Steinberg UR22 - M-Audio Keystation 88es - Arturia MiniLab
DAW: Cubase 7
VSTs: Absolute VST Collection - Arturia V-Collection - Omnisphere
AAS Lounge Lizard 4 & Ultra Analog - Oddity - M-Tron - VB3 - OP-X
Brad Mize

Postby ♫♪♫♪ » Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:18 pm

Reiknir wrote:
Torbiz wrote:Steinberg and Propellerhead partnered up on ReWire and the first version of ReCycle, not ReBirth.

V1 versions of Rebirth were distributed by Steinberg, I sold them at the time with a Steinberg logo on the packaging.

You are right, I dug up the old box and there's the big old Steinberg logo. My bad!
Workflow
A bullshít managment word for a process in which they dont understand.
♫♪♫♪

Postby Dietz » Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:08 pm

My biggest hope is that there now could be a VST-version of Line 6' "Echo Farm". This is most certainly the one plug-in I miss most when I come from working on TDM-based systems.

... not that the Echo Farm's delay models would be so extraordinary - but the all JUST WORK. Maybe the most efficient FX-plug-in (sound-wise, that is) I used during the last 15 years or so ...

My favorite:

/Dietz

| audio | engineering | music | production |
| soundware | development |

| Nuendo versions from 3.0 to 6.0 | on various systems and platforms |
| Steinberg user since the 80ies | Nuendo user and forum member since 2000 |
Dietz

Previous

Return to Steinberg Lounge