Waves Licences problem Im having-Solved

I have of course emailed Waves on this

Is anyone having to recover licences every new day they start Cubase?

No…never!

I’m using Waves licenses here (9 version) without issues (Cubase 6.5.5/7.0.6/7.5).

Waves have replied already

Suggested I may have caused this with a WIFI adapter I’ve recently plugged in Via USB (so to use My Ipad to control Cubase)

We’ll see if that’s cured it if I no longer have this plugged in and run Cubase tomorrow and get no Issues

Yes - I am as well.

I’ve not plugged anything in - no WiFi - no nothing.

Happens in 7.5 - every 2 -3 times.

I’ve rolled back to 7.0.6. so we’ll have to see if it happens there as well. [Never used to though before I installed 7.5.]

Today I ran cubase after unplugging the said wifi adapter

And no issues

Not going to mark the thread as solved until a week though.

This doesn’t however solve my want to control cubase with my iPad

Anyone know how I get a wifi dongle not to mess up my waves life (have also asked waves)

Turns out (according to Waves)

that a usb flash drive is the best place to have you licences, as opposed to on the computer

That’s exactly what I had to do, and it’s all because some hardware changed status. Really bad sort of C/P anyway, and at least a USB stick works.

DG

That’s where I’ve had mine all along - on a dedicated USB stick with nothing else on it but my Waves licenses.

So, not sure what the fix would be here.

Didn’t have this issue with 2 other DAWs.

Not with C7.0.6 either, from what I can recall - just C7.5.

Well, I am using Waves Licenses tied to my computer (not in a USB stick). No issues here (Cubase 7.5 too).

Might have to try that, although I fired up 7.5 again today for the first time in about 10 days to try something else and the message didn’t come up this time. :confused: