Cubase iC Pro for Android

General discussions on songwriting, mixing, music business and other music related topics.

Postby HowlingUlf » Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:33 pm

Haha! 8-)
A good reason for gear acquisition syndrome ...
Gothenburg, Sweden
Cubase 7.5 32 | Intel i7 860 | 8GB | Win7 64 | Emu 1820M | BCR2000 | MPD16 via MIDI
and a few cables ... and some more stuff ... and even more than that, would you believe it ?!!?
HowlingUlf

Re: Cubase iC Pro for Android

Postby Woodcrest Studio » Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:33 pm

yeah! I saw that and I downloaded it. I'm going to try to use it tonight In sessions. I'm really happy they released it for Android.
Tom Zartler

In person or from afar: helping make people's music a pleasurable listening experience.

::::Woodcrest Studio Homepage::::
::::Woodcrest on Facebook::::

Cubase 6.5, ProToolsHD10, 4 rooms, a hall, bathroom, kitchen, computer, mics, outboard and an excessive Imagination.

If in a creative blackout, stare at the dancing cow for inspiration.
Woodcrest Studio

Postby RazorsEdge » Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:21 am

Does anyone know if this will work with Nuendo? Looked at the product page but it only lists Cubase.
Austin, TX

Nuendo 6.0.6 | 3.10GHz-W7 | 8GB | 1TB/1TB SATA | (2) RME RayDat | Sony DMX-R100 | SSL AlphaLink MADI-AX | Apogee Big Ben
RazorsEdge

Postby jaslan » Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:03 am

VERY happy to see one of these Apps for Android finally. I would buy it in a heartbeat if it had an XY MIDI controller pad mode (like the TouchDAW App).
J.L.
Core-i7 2820QM, 16GB RAM. Cubase 6.5.5 x64 on Windows 7. Scarlett 2i2. M-Audio Axiom Pro 61. Komplete 8. HALion 5. Jamstix 3.5. HSO VST Sound Set. Absolute VST+. 418 Carrier Landings.
SoundCloud
jaslan

Postby RazorsEdge » Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:59 pm

Able to answer my own question. It works with Nuendo 6. Using it with a Kindle Fire HD and it seems to be working great.
Austin, TX

Nuendo 6.0.6 | 3.10GHz-W7 | 8GB | 1TB/1TB SATA | (2) RME RayDat | Sony DMX-R100 | SSL AlphaLink MADI-AX | Apogee Big Ben
RazorsEdge

Postby Sherz » Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:00 am

I'd really love to see this in action actually, someone using it in a real situation. I can't even imagine how this could be useful or even practical for me and the way I work but obviously for some it's a valuable tool. I had similar issues with a control surface I once owned... it was just cumbersome and awkward for me, just another gadget that took my hand away from the mouse it was on to perform a task that I could in fact have done more quickly while my hand was still on the mouse.

Currently I do everything with wireless mouse and keyboard so I'm quite interested to see how people integrate these things into their workflows.

8-)
Cubase 7.5 (64bit) | Windows 7 (64bit) | M-Audio Fastrack C600| 3.4Ghz Intel i5 | 8Gb
THE STRAGGLERS CHOONS | MY CHOONS | | VIDEOS | PHOTOGRAPHY
Sherz

Postby Early21 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:18 am

Sherz wrote:I'd really love to see this in action actually, someone using it in a real situation. I can't even imagine how this could be useful or even practical for me and the way I work but obviously for some it's a valuable tool. I had similar issues with a control surface I once owned... it was just cumbersome and awkward for me, just another gadget that took my hand away from the mouse it was on to perform a task that I could in fact have done more quickly while my hand was still on the mouse.

Currently I do everything with wireless mouse and keyboard so I'm quite interested to see how people integrate these things into their workflows.

8-)

I'm with Ian on this... a wireless mouse is already as much remote as I need.
Cubase 6.0, Wavelab 6 Essential, HP PE i7950/Win7, Lenovo T61 Laptop/WinXP/ADS Pyro Express Card, MR816CSX
My album Incontinental Breakfast at lborden.bandcamp.com
Early21

Postby twilightsong » Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:26 pm

I bought it but have yet to try it. I think it will help me because, lizard that I am, I usually have to do numerous takes before I get a keeper -- with this I don't have to get up, put my guitar down, cross the room to the DAW, and reset everything for another take. However, if it doesn't allow me to delete the last track, it'll probably be useless to me
"There is no avant-garde; only some people a bit behind." -- Edgar Varese
-----------------------------------------------------------
Cubase 5.5.2/ Win 7 64-bit/ Quad 9550/ UAD-2/ Wavelab 4/ more sample libraries than I can remember
twilightsong

Postby twilightsong » Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:27 pm

I never thought about using it on a Kindle, BTW -- excellent idea! 8-)
"There is no avant-garde; only some people a bit behind." -- Edgar Varese
-----------------------------------------------------------
Cubase 5.5.2/ Win 7 64-bit/ Quad 9550/ UAD-2/ Wavelab 4/ more sample libraries than I can remember
twilightsong

Return to Steinberg Lounge