Cubase tutor in Boston area?

I came from a near identical situation…I went from using a Tascam 246 4-Track recorder to Cubase VST 5/32 back in the day when that was their flagship Cubase program. To make things more confusing, I didn’t know how to use a computer, much less record on one…even worse, I built my own DAW from scratch when I realized my then, just recently purchased 1st computer (bought at Costco because I heard you could record on one), a Compaq 450 Mhz with 512 MB ram wasn’t going to cut the mustard. That was back in 1998/1999 ??? :confused:

BIG learning curve for me. I don’t think I recorded a single track for months, I just couldn’t figure it out! I asked a LOT of really stupid questions in the older Steinberg forums. Never even thought of finding a tutor at the time. Being new to using a computer, I didn’t even know there could be video’s on-line. If I could do it starting from where I was at the time, anyone can do it!

Hell, I was just trying to record my guitar, my bass and my old Roland drum machine, like I was doing on my 4-track. A friendly Cubaser came to my aid after I admitted I was nearly … ok I was actually in tears at times, and he personally sent me instructions on how to ‘do stuff’ …he even told me about midi, and how I could use a virtual instrument…things I had no knowledge of. I had only ‘heard’ of midi but didn’t know what it was for. He was an eager mentor :sunglasses:

Anyway, welcome to the wonderful world of computer DAW recording…good luck! :ugeek: