Mental barriers to making music

Look at the Bieb & other little snots who’ve made it to the big time at age…what 10? If you’re older than that, you’ve passed your prime in the music business :wink:

Seriously, as a father at age 23, I didn’t have the luxury of abandoning my day job myself. By 30 or so, I realized wasn’t getting anywhere, so I stopped. Though it was fun, I simply couldn’t afford my music hobby of performing…no regrets. I’m ok doing music for my own enjoyment when I can…though not near as much as I’d like…priorities. My point, don’t let not making something of yourself musically, if that never happens get in the way of just enjoying the act of making music. By all means, give it a shot, but don’t base your entire life on only being a success if that happens… as there’s much more to life’s successes and happiness.

I remember working at a church, when I asked Father Thomas Relihan about Catholic priests, if they can marry and have families these days. He was pretty old, and in his time he had to give his life to the lord. He simply said …“You see, at my age it doesn’t matter anymore” So, at some point you’ll also be so old too, you won’t care about music either :laughing: