Cubase 8 - coming soon?

Will it be out tomorrow? o.O
Only poop. Can’t wait to see it.

from the same Netherlands website
translated
"n Cubase Pro 8 it all goes a step further. Behind a modified appearance shelter many latest features and software. Also, the audio engine has been totally renovated, and sounds clearer mer much more headroom.

Cubase 8 Pro
Produce the new standard in

Cubase 8 Pro goes beyond what cubase version therefore, better sound and better routing.

Of course many new options, follow this item because everyday more info !!!

or come to our workshop December 10"

new audio engine ?? mmm maybe this is the best new feature if it really sounds better and clearer !!!

this is also great addition

Asio Guard

ASIO Guard 2 employs low latencies right on the tracks where latency really matters, and increased latency in order to save performance for playback

Sounds like an impressive update

WOW! Now that’s a change.

I always thought Nuendo would get that 1st.

But in C8…bring it on and let’s hear it!

{‘-’}

Define renovated. :wink:

Also, the audio engine has been totally renovated, and sounds clearer mer much more headroom.

Oh, K-rist on a sequencer stick, here we go with the “Cubase8 sounds better than Cubase7!” BS

“C8 sounds better! My mixes sound more open, and there is more depth!”

“C8 sounds the same as C7.”

“No - C8 is bigger! It’s warmer in the low end, thicker in the mids, and crisper in the highs. Finally - my mixes sound PRO!!!”

“Have you done a null test?”

“A what? What’s that??? Look - I dont need any scientific testing here… I know what I hear!!!”

Oy vey.

So are we saying that the DAW industry has now reached a point (a successful null test)
where audio engines can no longer be improved?

If so I find that hard to believe.
{‘-’}

Improved in terms of efficiency, stability, mixdown speed, etc - sure.

Improved in terms of summing sound quality - no. It’s just math. This is why every single sequencer on the market in the past decade+ - PTools, Logic, Cubendo, Reaper, etc. - all sound identical.

Cheers.

“Hear” we go again… Oy vey…!

Aloha J,

I don’t dispute what you say but I find this info both comforting while at the same time disturbing;
because It is hard for me to think in terms of absolutes.

However if this is indeed the case, I will accept it.

‘Whoomp’ dare it is’.
{‘-’}

Downloading…! =) whoop whoop! :stuck_out_tongue:

Years ago I ran Nuendo before to switching to Cubase. I dumped it when they pulled their little “let’s triple the price so we’re taken seriously” scam.

At the time, one of the biggest and most frequent complaints, especially after the price tripling, was that Cubase alwys got audio features before the allegedly “flagship” Nuendo did. There were also a few features that you could only get in Cubase.

I’m sure there must be benefits to Nuendo in certain applications or people wouldn’t buy it. That said, having used both, I don’t see any significant advantages at all to Nuendo for music production, i.e. those of us who don’t need video post features. Very happy with Cubase in this regard.

[edit]

A case in point. Just saw a thread on the Nuendo forums asking when VCA faders, an audio engine upgrade, etc. will be available for Nuendo since it’s already been released in Cubase 8.

Without a doubt, the Nuage console / hardware is the sexiest thing out there, even by PT standards, if you’re able to spend that kind of money. Nonetheless, for audio production Cubase clearly gets all the cool kid features first. :slight_smile:

[\edit]

the only way that claim is more than marketing is, i suppose, if they increased the internal bit resolution to have more internal headroom. other than that, as has been said, it’s all discrete digital summing across daws.

Its out.

Anybody here running it yet without issues ?

It’s not been posted on the Announcements section. I think people are hyper-ventilating!

Edit:
Just seen it on Music Radar. Ooo-errr!

Oh, it’s out alright!

Regards!

fantastic choices made for this upgrade!
Steinberg definitily will get a lot of upgraders, also from the users with older cubase versions.
I will be jumping on the boat tonight. :slight_smile:

Damn… i said I wouldn’t buy it for another 11 months… I can’t resist! Damn you Steinberg!!!

Finally! Wave-meter display in the Mixer Console! That got me excited. I was told before that this would most probably remain in the Nuendo domain.
Funny though, there’s not a mention of it in the Operation Manual for 8. Seems to have been a last minute decision to include it.

Ditto :blush: