Multiple audio event editing

Hi I’m editing live kick drums and wondering…
Can anyone tell me how to select and edit all audio events lengths to exactly the same size - not relatively.
I can’t seem to find that function.

Cheers in advance. :slight_smile:

Hi and welcome,

I’m not with Cubase now, but there is a trick. It’s one of the modifier, all a combination. Try Shift modifier, while changing the size. Or Shift+Alt…

Thanks man I’ll give it a go

OK, the trick is following:

1. Select multiple events.
  2. Type the Length in the Info Line of the Project window.
  3. Hit Ctrl/Cmd + Enter, to confirm.

=> Now, all selected events have the same length, and you can change the size.

1 Like

Thanks for this practical and much appreciated time saver.

Cheers :smiley:

How do you even find that out?! Many thanks for your useful advice :smiley:

I believe it is discussed in the manual ¯_(ツ)_/¯

This sounds like what I am trying to accomplish, but I must be following these instructions wrong.
I have used the sample editor to slice at the numerous hitpoints of a kick track. I now wish to pull the end of each individual slice to the left so that each hitpoint lasts for the same exact duration of time, so that the track is nothing but transients, and not have to do it on a slice-by-slice basis. Is there a way to edit multiple clips from the same track in unison? Thanks in advance!

Not working for me, either. I can reduce the ends of the regions using the suggested method, but typing in a fixed length does nothing.

For reference, this is a good example of it being done in Pro Tools (@ 7:00), but he manages to get them all uniform using different nudge values. Anybody know if this can be done in Cubase?

Found it. Use the Cubase nudge palette in a similar way.