Most simple Cubase available?

“who have threatened to move to Logic”. I actually tested that one out some time ago. Sufficient to say that I have lots of MB’s more on my harddrive after trying it :sunglasses: . I’ve checked the local internet “Market Place” and found out that most offers are (probably) based on some weird kind of antique value: the older the version the more they ask for it. Version Elements 7.5 is only €99 here and I see no good reason to get an older version of Cubase other than VST5 which does not not run on a MacBook. Nah, it looks like I have to get me a copy of 7, dig in and hopefully will very soon work with it, just the way I used to work with 5. The only thing I am really missing in 7 is the EventList Editor. If that is the case, upgrading is no option anymore 'cause that editor is the one I use most…

Added:

I searched some more on the Internet to see if Event List Editor was available for the Elements version:

http://www.steinberg.net/fileadmin/files/PRODUCTS/Cubase/Generation_7/Cubase_7/Downloads/Cubase_Comparison_Chart.pdf

Alas! Out of the four MIDI editors (Key, Drum, Score, Even List) Steinberg has removed Event List Editor. If I want it, I have to purchase the Artist or full version. Since I solely use the MIDI part of Cubase 7, and that just 5, 6, 7 times a year, I politely decline…