Drum Sound List missing

As already posted in the general forum Drum editor does not show the drum sound list - Cubase - Steinberg Forums I have a problem with the drum sound editor.

I’m using:

• Win 7 Professional SP1
  • Cubase 8 ( 8.0.30 Build 356 (64bit))
  • Cubase 8.5 (8.5.0 Build 69)
  • 3rd Party: NI Komplete Ultimate, EWSO, AAS Lounge Lizard

What I did:

• I created a custom drum map for NI Studio Drummer which initially worked fine in Cubase 8.
  • I continued working on an old project which I imported a a Midi file. Everything working perfectly.
  • I Upgraded to 8.5 and somehow (dont remember exactly what I did) I got to a state in that the drum editor showed no drum sound list anymore.
  • Restarted Cubase 8.5, reloaded the project: same problem - no drum sound list.
  • I created a new project from scratch with only a drum track and the GM map selected. Still no drum sound list.
  • So I used Cubase 8 again, I continued working on the project with the custom drum map. Drum editor working perfectly.
  • After a while (several days) working on that project in version 8 the same happend again. I still do not know what I did. The only thing I observerd: after moving some parts suddenly all tracks had the same drum map selected, all parts in the project window showed the typical drum event symbols. I deselected the drum map in the tracks where not needed but from then on there is no drum sound list in Cubase 8 as well. (see attached screenshot)
  • updated to 8.0.35 - no change for my problem.
  • As the problem persists even after reinstalling Cubase 8.5 (used the reinstall option in the installer rather than uninstall first) I cannot provide more exact information on how to reproduce my problem.

For I cannot find out how to solve this reading the manuals, and after some weeks I got no response on my post at the general forum I decided this to post as a bug here.

Short update on my problem. I made some progress in investigating.

In : “…\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\Cubase 8_64\Defaults.xml” I deleted the entire attributed with:

and - voila - the drum sound list is back. This works in both C8 and C8.5

So this fixed it for me … somehow. I still do not know what caused the defect. Nor do I know if this “fix” produces any sideffect, because this file is certainly not intended to be edited manually. However it is rewritten if deleted. So is the deleted item. But I guess you loose some settings by doing that.