No sound from M-Audio Oxygen 25 USB keyboard

Discuss all Sequel related topics.

No sound from M-Audio Oxygen 25 USB keyboard

Postby FredAl » Tue Dec 25, 2012 8:35 am

Hi.
My son is using Sequel in his music class and we have also a version at home for him to practice. As a Christmas gift we bought a M-Audio Oxygen 25 USB keyboard for him to make it easier to make his own sounds. However when we connect the keyboard to the computer and start Sequel 3 we does not get any sound when we press the keys of the external keyboard.

We see that there is a connection since the "Sound input activity" is flashing when we press the keys but no sound. We have an active track and also there we see that there is a connection since the "Musical Keyboard Input Activity" is flashing.

We have installed the latest Win7 drivers for the keyboard from M-Audio and also (probably totally unneccessary) added a driver for Direct-Link for Cubase.

We would be extremely grateful to get someone to help us on this!
FredAl

Re: No sound from M-Audio Oxygen 25 USB keyboard

Postby matting175 » Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:06 pm

Quite new to Sequel here myself, but from my experience so far, you must have your midi controller (keyboard) plugged in to your usb slot before you open Sequel (or any DAW for that matter). After that procedure, try this:
Open a new project, then add track. Choose instrument track and choose one of the instruments on offer. New Age Choir just as an example. The track should now be assigned and you should be able to play the sound on the keyboard.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r190k_BKslk&feature=share
matting175

Postby leo tolstoy » Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:14 pm

I use the same keyboard with S3. You must have the keyboard plugged into the PC before you switch it on - it will all work then
leo tolstoy

Postby FredAl » Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:06 pm

Thanks for your advises but I have no success even after following them. I am now reinstalling Sequel to see if that makes the trick. I'll post the result within a couple of days.
FredAl

Postby Duke Townsend » Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:34 am

When I have this prob once in a while, in device mgr, I uninstall the keyboard including driver and reinstalled and it fixed it.
Duke Townsend

Postby FredAl » Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:28 pm

Thanks for all advices. I have not got it to work after reinstalling Sequel, removing the M-Audio driver and reinstalling it.
FredAl

Postby leo tolstoy » Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:12 pm

it took me a while to get the m audio 25 to work with S3 - keep trying you will get there

try this:

make sure everything is off.

plug your keyboard into USB slot make sure keyboard is on at the back switch

switch on your PC - this should turn everthing on

choose new project

choose an instrument - it should play?

if it doesn't, check that the keyboard is showing up on the settings change and check all settings.

un plug the keyboard from USB and use the virtual keyboard in s3 with your mouse - does that work?

check your audio output what are you using to monitor audio?
leo tolstoy

Return to Sequel