noob question. audio warp or slip edit

Hi!

I’ve been digging for a few days now and I can’t tell what is the best way for adjusting the timing on guitars/bass etc…

Do I slip edit, or free warp? Most of the info I found is pretty old (like 4-6yrs ago), so I’m wondering which is the way to go in 2020.

I did free warp on a few tracks and it seemed fine for the most part, but I did get some strange warping from time to time. But maybe I wasn’t using the right warp setting.

I’m guessing slip editing is still the way to go eh?

apologies for the dumb beginner question.

I like to slip edit. It’s so hard to find videos on audio editing in cubase it seems.

Ey:)

Depends on the material i guess…
transient rich / fast / or more even etc…

I can tackle 99% of tasks with the default free warp…
(Real-time warp)

If you think something is amiss, change warp algo and use ears…- some algos work better than others for some material (no matter what they are named)- especially for audio with hard transients… some algos soften them a little, some do this some do that…

-the default setting is my bread n butter and should be perfectly fine for guitars/bass

Just dont think about it too much;)

Dont cramp/squeeze the hitpoints too close to each other or too far apart (this aint no paulstretch):joy:

Njoy:)

Edit: i am talking about single notes… but if u need to adjust the whole thing, zoom into the first sound and set the event startpoint there… then just drag the whole thing over… once the start point is good, go into it with freewarp and do minor timing corrections etc… (thats how i do it)

If everything is a bit late or early, use slip edit for bulk correction of the entire event. Then use warp for individual notes.

Applying a mild high pass filter via offline processing before using warp can sometimes help get rid of unwanted artefacts.
Low end is the first place warping can cause issues.

awesome!

thanks for the info everyone! that helps a ton!