Mastering in S3

Discuss all Sequel related topics.

Mastering in S3

Postby leo tolstoy » Wed May 15, 2013 8:33 pm

I know that S3 is not designed to be used for final mastering - but i was wondering if anyone does use it to master tracks - if so what sort of setting are you using on compressors and the Maximizer?
I am fairly competent with mixing but want to a nice tight punchy sound when I Master - so any one any tips....I do not want to have to buy Wavelab - im sure for what I do there are ways to do it in Sequel 3.

thanks in advance
leo tolstoy

Re: Mastering in S3

Postby wodehouse » Wed May 22, 2013 5:57 pm

I know it's not quite what you want to hear but did you know there's an Elements version of Wavelab? That might be the most flexible approach once you have the Sequel mix finished.
wodehouse

Re: Mastering in S3

Postby leo tolstoy » Thu May 23, 2013 7:18 pm

Thanks for your reply Wodehouse, - i thought about buying wavelab but then i read that its taking people a long time to get to know it properly and get used to how to master properly i dont really want to spend a long time getting used to a new piece of software - so i thougt I'd ask otherr users of S3 - unforunately it doesn't look like people are using S3 to master in - ive got some pretty good settings so may just keep plodding away in S3.....unless anyone can convince me how good wavelab essentials is?
leo tolstoy

Return to Sequel