How many Sequel 3 users out there?

Discuss all Sequel related topics.

How many Sequel 3 users out there?

Postby rkabz54 » Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:49 am

Please respond to this post so that we can get an idea of how many Sequel users there are out there. I think it would be a good thing so that we show Steinberg we would like regular updates of the program and features.......... ;)

If you don't make a noise nothing happens.

Perhaps we can start a centralized 'wish list'.

Items I would like to see:

1. 64 bit version.
2. Drop Media Bay down into the Multi Zone when active. After all when choosing loops etc, you are wanting to see where in the Arrange Zone they are going. On a small display things get very cramped when Media Bay is being used and pops up in the Arrange Zone. Unless you have a full HD monitor you lose half of the Arrange Zone to Media Bay.
3. Fix the bugs people have been reporting on this forum.

No doubt I'll add more as I use Sequel more..........
rkabz54

Re: How many Sequel 3 users out there?

Postby rkabz54 » Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:13 pm

No takers? I thought there would be hundreds at least. Maybe Sequel is not that popular.
rkabz54

Postby paultayler2004 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:32 pm

I upgraded to sequel 3 last week. To me it is functionally te same as sequel 2. I don't use many of the loops and tend to record everything live. I'm having problems with it though ... With lots of popping and crackling on recording which I never jadeite sequel 2

Dragging backing tracks into sequel for example. I managed it once. Bit for some reason no more.
I haven't used it in any depth as yet but am sure there'll be little improvements.
paultayler2004

Postby blommberg » Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:05 pm

64-bit is a must.
I suppose sequel would be a fantastic success if VSTi 2 support was integrated. I think they don't do it because of Cubase ...
UR28M und Cubase Artist 7 / Sequel 3
blommberg

Postby rkabz54 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:53 pm

Thanks for the posts. It sure is disappointing to upgrade a product so that it is supposedly better for your productivity or gives better features - and then you have audio problems with a setup that has not changed in any other way.....

Agree that being able to use VSTi 2 would make Sequel a whole lot more versatile. The built in effects and instruments really restrict creativity. I have a lot of plugins and soft instruments.

I run Cubase normally but have just started using Sequel 3 for loop based music creation It's an interesting way to go, but even with some additional loop sets, you soon get bored with them. The other thing is that the automatic retuning of audio loops and midi loops does not work very well and the retuning sounds unnatural and tonally 'wrong' in a lot of cases. Sequel could be smarter here.
rkabz54

Postby leo tolstoy » Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:40 pm

This is the worst forum for getting replies - S3 users just don't seem that bothered

I havn't needed 64 bit so far during the last 14 music production and its never held me back, so don't see any advantage in getting it now........less can be more

it would be nice to have a version that doesn't have bugs though just once.
leo tolstoy

Postby simoncrocket » Thu Nov 28, 2013 5:22 pm

Hi - I am an AVID Sequel 3 user ! I still love it, and use it pretty much daily, and have done for the last couple of years. I find it quick and easy to use, so that creatively I can get my ideas down without having too many complications in setting things up. I am considering getting Cubase 7, but having got the trial version at the moment, I am finding it a steep learning curve compared to Sequel. The only reason I am trying it is for the access to my Moog VST2 instrument...
simoncrocket
simoncrocket

Postby Nigel Cato » Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:35 am

I am a regular user, just dont visit the forum very often!
Nigel Cato

Postby curteye » Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:01 am

Aloha,

Have S3 here. But

As much as I love Cubase I just cannot get my head around Sequel.

To me apps like Sequel and GarageBand should not need much of a manual
but with Sequel not so.

I have a straight (no FXs) solo 'Slack Key' guitar session coming up this Sunday
and because of this post I will try it again.
{'-'}
If yer gear ain't breakin down, you aint workin' much.

iMac i7 2.8Gz 16GB 10.9...../C5.5/6.5/7.5
Mbook 2.4Gz 4GB 10.7.5.../C5.5/6.5/7.5

On the side of a volcano in the middle of the Pacific Ocean.
curteye
Grand Senior Member

Postby sbonuk » Sat Aug 09, 2014 5:35 am

I started with with Sequel, then S2 and now S3. The sounds in Sequel can't be faulted, however it's just a very fiddly DAW. I've started to use the Sequel sounds/packs in Cubase Elements instead.
sbonuk

Postby alison3492 » Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:26 pm

In my experience you will quickly overcome these problems if you purchase a USB Dongle. Licenses on the dongle are stable and you can re install whenever you need to
Are you worried about 1z0-050 latest exam questions marks in Aruba paced test engine to help you pass wikipedia latest resource Harvard University dumps exam by using Lynn University
alison3492

Postby WTS » Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:36 pm

rkabz54 wrote:Please respond to this post so that we can get an idea of how many Sequel users there are out there. I think it would be a good thing so that we show Steinberg we would like regular updates of the program and features.......... ;)

If you don't make a noise nothing happens.

Perhaps we can start a centralized 'wish list'.

I am aware that my post is somewhat off topic although i am adding to your list of "Sequal 3" users.

First a little bit of noise:

Yesterday ( Sat, Nov 1, 2014 ) I purchased Sequel 3. My account plus my USB/eLicenser shows Sequel 3 with a full license however when i launch S3 it comes up as unregistered and noting that i am entitled to additional content for free if i register. What the****.

I appreciate the fact that Steinberg use a copy rite protection system because i have been using Steinberg software for more then twenty years and have gone thru all sorts of Steinberg schemes that protect their software. It's reassuring to know that only "paid" users have full use of their programmes.

Having said that this latest scheme has me rather upset. I have contacted Steinberg support and their reply:
We will take care of your request and get back to you as soon as possible. Please note that due to bank holidays and large trade shows (e.g. Musikmesse in Frankfurt and NAMM shows) the response might be delayed.

Meanwhile i have tried Sequel 3 and there are a few quirks which i will elaborate in a followup post shortly.

This looks like a good forum of Sequel 3 users.
WTS

Postby james stimson » Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:21 am

I posted a similar tread myself recently but just found this one, so I will add to it.
Yes, Yes, Yes, Steinberg please start taking Sequel seriously. It is by far the best designed piece of DAW software out.
Steinberg you yourself called it your "next generation software" and then you forgot about it almost completely. You really have done an amazing job designing a piece of software that foster creative workflow unlike any other on the market. I would gladly pay what I paid for Cubase 7.5 for a version of Sequel without endless bugs, with VST2 support,
and a few other additions. Please?
james stimson

Postby rkabz54 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:13 am

Well it seems that even if you do make a noise and tell Steinberg how good S3 is, they still don't give a damn................nothing new yet and probably never will be - challenge to Steinberg - prove me wrong!!! :twisted:
rkabz54

Return to Sequel