Sequel crashes more since eLicenser update

Discuss all Sequel related topics.

Sequel crashes more since eLicenser update

Postby rkabz54 » Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:07 pm

I noted that Steinberg has released Windows 8 compatibility information recently. I checked this and decided downloaded the latest eLicenser driver to keep it up to date since it had been updated. Since doing this, Sequel has more frequent 'As Serious problem has occurred....' error messages and frequently has 'R6052 Pure function call errors' at startup. What is going on???????
rkabz54

Re: Sequel crashes more since eLicenser update

Postby rkabz54 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:07 pm

At the request of my local support guy, I uninstalled Sequel and the eLicenser. Reinstalled the latest eLicenser first, then Sequel 3, and before running it, installed the 3.0.1 update. Sequel refused to start the first time I tried. Threw the error 'A Serious Error Has Occurred...........' on the second start. Just for good measure I trashed the 'preferences' (Sequel uninstall had NOT cleared the directory, so much for a 'clean' install), and restarted. Sequel loaded a default demo project. When I tried to load one of my projects Sequel crashed with "A Serious Error Has Occurred............" I now realize what the error is - I was stupid to buy Sequel. It hasn't been updated in 18 months and does not have a 64 bit version. Check my other posts, I have had nothing but problems since buying Sequel months ago. Steinberg can't seem to help or find the problem. I have spent many days installing, reinstalling and otherwise stuffing around to no avail. I have run Sequel on four computers, with different hardware setups. All have the same issues with the same projects I created. I use nothing but Sequel 3 and Sequel 3 content. I have MIDI dropouts - I thought I was crazy and the only one - (so did Steinberg engineers and support guys) BUT another user has now said 'I have always had MIDI dropouts.....PITA'. Steinberg - I am not crazy - I have (and so do other users) real issues with Sequel 3. Please fix them. Don't keep telling us to 'trash preferences', find out why they are getting corrupted/broken in the first place.
rkabz54

Postby robcurd » Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:38 am

In my experience you will quickly overcome these problems if you purchase a USB Dongle. Licenses on the dongle are stable and you can re install whenever you need to.
robcurd

Postby rkabz54 » Sat Sep 06, 2014 2:58 am

Thanks for your advice. I have only ever used dongles and have a number of them.........two Steinberg ones and Two Korg ones - they all work the same. I have run Sequel on FIVE different PC's and experienced problems on all of them with the same project causing the errors and MIDI dropouts. Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 OS's all 64 bit. Sequel has not had an update for over two years and really needs a 64 bit version. Luckily, I have not been holding my breath.........
rkabz54

Return to Sequel