Trying to reinstall Sequal 2 after computer rebuild

Discuss all Sequel related topics.

Trying to reinstall Sequal 2 after computer rebuild

Postby droptodesign » Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:42 pm

After 2 hours of trying, I need help. I'm trying to reinstall. Using the box etc and the original activation code, I get a no internet error when I try to activate the license. Then I remembered I had a new activation code from support, that wasn't even recognized by the installation. See attached.

At this point, I can't even use the software since I can't get past the initial activation. I sent an email, but havn't received a response.

Also, the Steinberg registration software would not recognize either the original activation code or the new one from Steinberg, so I couldn't get it registered.

Please help, I'm on a time crunch with this project.

Thank you.
Attachments
seq2.jpg
(699.42 KiB) Not downloaded yet
seqerror.jpg
This is what I get when I try to activate using my activation code that came in the box
(519.02 KiB) Not downloaded yet
droptodesign

Re: Trying to reinstall Sequal 2 after computer rebuild

Postby droptodesign » Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:55 pm

I got another error, apparently I need a new activation code.
Attachments
seq3.jpg
(125.82 KiB) Not downloaded yet
droptodesign

Postby droptodesign » Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:07 am

So I emailed support and they told me I had to create a ticket, but their ticketing interface won't allow me to register either activation code. I emailed them back with that error, and havn't heard anything yet. Consequently, I had to go get other software, spend more money because of the delay in getting support from Steinberg. We need support, we have deadlines.
droptodesign

Postby sbonuk » Sat Aug 09, 2014 5:42 am

I was sick to the back teeth of trying to understand how to reactivate Sequel, Sequel2, and Sequel 3. :shock: :x
Eventually I spent about £20 on a usb elicencer stick from AmazonUK, managed to get new activation codes onto it and have had a trouble-free year since. Not nice/cheap, but it works. 8-)
sbonuk

Return to Sequel