Activation Code, where?

Discuss all Sequel related topics.

Activation Code, where?

Postby Samir_ » Wed Dec 25, 2013 3:43 am

What suppose to be an easy task become a nightmare. I've just purchased the Steinberg Ci1 and I've tried to install the software. I cannot register it! I should go to the knowledge base and read, right? Wrong. This link is dead - https://www.steinberg.net/en/support/kn ... enser.html

Where is that 25 or 32-digits Activation Code? Except the s/n on the Ci1 box I do not have anything else. Why not to seal the software s/n with the CD as other vendors do!
Attachments
eLicenser.jpg
(47.35 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Samir_

Re: Activation Code, where?

Postby Elektrobolt » Wed Dec 25, 2013 7:33 am

That link works for me.
"Remember that we live only in the present, in this fleeting instant; all the rest of our life is either past and gone, or not yet revealed."
Elektrobolt

Location: A wet blue oblate spheroid spinning around a fiery bright yellow dwarf at 107,000 km/h.

Postby Samir_ » Wed Dec 25, 2013 9:46 am

Suddenly! Now it works for me too, and it took me another hour to play with Windows settings and eLinceser before I realized the missed part in the article above.

So the remedy is, uninstall everything (I mean Sequel and Wavelab, not Windows OS), install the latest version of the eLicenser, do whatever is required there, then install Sequel and Wavelab back. It will try to bring the old version of the eLicenser, just ignore it. Then they appear under the My License list.

It seems Sequel works (I've just opened it). But I cannot complete this "Enter your Soft-eLicenser number and click on "Register Product(s)" to finish." I don't have any sheet with any number on it, should it be any in the box? After all, there is a hardware box, it can be used as a license key.
Samir_

Postby Elektrobolt » Thu Dec 26, 2013 1:21 am

Usually, the activation code is on a sheet of paper, yes. This is the code that you would use to get a license. Once you have a license, the activation code can no longer be used.

If there was no information about the activation code or how to obtain one, I would contact support.
"Remember that we live only in the present, in this fleeting instant; all the rest of our life is either past and gone, or not yet revealed."
Elektrobolt

Location: A wet blue oblate spheroid spinning around a fiery bright yellow dwarf at 107,000 km/h.

Postby AHdioEditing » Fri Dec 27, 2013 5:11 am

I cannot find the activation code ANYWHERE--there was nothing with the install disc or paperwork....I have the elicense installed, but I'm panicked cuz I can't get any audio in or out of my device and I need this to work ASAP for a gig...and support is closed until Jan 2---what the heck do I do??
AHdioEditing

Postby Makumbaria » Fri Dec 27, 2013 5:25 am

AHdioEditing wrote:I cannot find the activation code ANYWHERE--there was nothing with the install disc or paperwork....I have the elicense installed, but I'm panicked cuz I can't get any audio in or out of my device and I need this to work ASAP for a gig...and support is closed until Jan 2---what the heck do I do??

Did you bought a new, sealed box?

Did you registered the interface under "My Steinberg" (using serial number)? Can you see any links, activation codes or similar info in your account?
Cubase 7.5.30 / 6.5.5 / CMC-TP/CH/AI/QC / Halion Sonic 1.6.3 / Padshop Pro 1.1.0 / HSO 1.0.1 / The Grand SE 3.1
Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64 bits/ i7 3630QM / 2.4Ghz / 16 GB & i7 950 / 3.06Ghz / 8GB RAM / M-audio Fast Track Pro

Ivory II Italian Grand / Addictive drums & Keys / GPO / Alicia Keys Piano / Abbey Road Modern Drums / Ezdrummer / Sampletank / Miroslav Philharmonik CE / VSL / POD Farm / Amplitube / Kuassa Creme & One / TH2 / PSP Audioware / Nugen Audio Visualizer / Voxengo Redunoise / Slate Digital / Wave Arts / Waves V9 / Softube / Toneboosters EBULoudness
Makumbaria

Postby AHdioEditing » Fri Dec 27, 2013 6:32 am

yess, straight out of the box!! I did the My Account deal even thought the product was already registered, and couple steps down the line bingo!! activation code!! BUT, I still have no audio coming out of the hardware which has me totally confused :(
AHdioEditing

Return to Sequel