Bizarre Glitch in 3rd Effect Box on Track Inspector Page

Discuss all Sequel related topics.

Bizarre Glitch in 3rd Effect Box on Track Inspector Page

Postby MeyersRoche999 » Sat Jun 07, 2014 5:31 pm

Hello everyone!

I been having a rather strange problem when adding a Halion Sonic SE track to my project in Sequel 3. On the Track Inspector page, the "Insert FX 3" box for the track becomes corrupted. For example, let's say I have Tremolo assigned to that box. After a while, the Tremolo effect will no longer be present during playback and when I click the box, Sequel crashes. Once this FX box becomes corrupted, Sequel will not allow me to make any edits or save any changes to the project. I even tried adding a brand new Halion Sonic SE track, just moving the recorded piano line into it, and deleting the old corrupted track...but when I try to remove it...Sequel crashes. Basically, the project is dead and wasted at that point. Has anyone else experienced this? Any suggestions?
MeyersRoche999

Re: Bizarre Glitch in 3rd Effect Box on Track Inspector Page

Postby Joel Gragg » Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:50 pm

Helli MeyersRoche999,

How many other VST fx and instruments do you have running on this Sequel Project i.e. Reverbs, Groove Agent One? Basically how many other things do you have running that are processor intensive? Also have you updated to Sequel 3.0.1 and what Operating System are you running Sequel 3 on? To find this on PC, go to Start>Computer>Right Click for Properties. On Mac go to the Apple Icon, About this Mac.
Joel Gragg
Steinberg US Support
Joel Gragg

Postby MeyersRoche999 » Fri Jun 27, 2014 5:12 pm

Hi Joel,

All of my projects use Halion and Groove Agent One to varying degrees. No matter how many or few of these tracks are in the project, the crashing still occurs. As far as how many effects I have on each one...that varies as well. Normally though, I'd utilize 2 or 3 of the fx boxes on each track. For example, Box 1 would be Reverb, Box 2 would be Vibrato, and Box 3 would be Compression....something like that. One particular project I just started on has ALREADY run into this problem. As of now it only contains 3 tracks total. Since my last post, I've realized that this doesn't just happen with Haion tracks, but with any track, whether it be Groove Agent One, a guitar track, bass track, or samples included with the software. Yes, I updated to Sequel 3.0.1 quite a while ago. I am running Sequel 3.0.1 on Windows 7 Home Premium. Thanks for the reply. Hope to hear from you soon.

Also worth mentioning:

Sometimes when the crash happens, I can't even close Sequel. When I try to, I get the "A serious Problem has occurred..." message. I then have to manually restart the computer. Before having to force restart (due to the fact that Sequel is still open), I get a message saying that there was an error with my e-license. Not sure if that helps, but thought I'd mention it. Thanks.
MeyersRoche999

Postby Joel Gragg » Mon Jun 30, 2014 6:43 pm

Hello MeyersRoche999

You should try resetting your Sequel preferences by generating a new preferences folder. All preferences will be set back as if Sequel has been freshly installed. The Media Bay Presets will be rescanned.
In order to do so you must rename the following folder:

OS Disk \User\Your Username\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\Sequel 3
You must rename to
OS Disk \User\Your Username\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\Sequel 3 inactive

Once you have reset your prefs in Sequel to factory default try opening a new project and running the same test on your inserts and see if the problem continues.
Joel Gragg
Steinberg US Support
Joel Gragg

Postby MeyersRoche999 » Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:19 pm

Joel,

Thanks for the advice, but I've tried trashing prefs probably well over 100 times (literally). The problem still remains. Even after I do this and begin inserting tracks into a new project, they still eventually become corrupted, rendering the project dead, unalterable, and unsavable. In fact, it only takes about an hour or so for this to happen. I'm beginning to wonder if perhaps uninstalling and reinstalling the software might be the answer(?)
MeyersRoche999

Postby Joel Gragg » Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:51 pm

Hello MeyersRoche999,

If you have trashed your app data and reset Sequel to factory default several times, then yes I would try completely uninstall Sequel and re-install.
Joel Gragg
Steinberg US Support
Joel Gragg

Return to Sequel