Missing beats and notes on wav export.

Discuss all Sequel related topics.

Missing beats and notes on wav export.

Postby rejjiphonik » Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:40 pm

As it says in the title.
When I export the track odd beats and notes are missing. But when I play the track back on the main Sequel 3 program it's fine.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.
rejjiphonik

Re: Missing beats and notes on wav export.

Postby andy501 » Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:38 am

Hi rejjiphonik,
I get the same thing occasionally, don't know why, but here are some things I do to get around it - maybe worth a try.
1. delete the problem bar, then copy and paste from another section if possible.
2. make sure no hidden automation is applying to the problem bar.
3. make sure there's no "overhang" from previous bar overlaying start of problem bar -eg use the off grid red mode to peel back any sound from the previous bar to make sure the problem bar has a fraction of silence before it is due to start. hope this makes sense?
Finally, if all else fails, I have even had to run a parallel track underneath just for the length of the problem area, then mute the problem itself (even though it doesn't play) and as long as your settings are identical for the parallel track..voila, your exported wav plays OK.
Hope this helps
andy501

Re: Missing beats and notes on wav export.

Postby rkabz54 » Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:11 pm

If you've got any MIDI tracks in the project Sequel will drop MIDI notes. And Steinberg won't do anything to fix it, because they claim it doesn't happen on their development PC's. I even submitted one of my projects to my local support guy who ran it on his machine and experienced dropouts. He passed it on to Steinberg and like I said they claim to not see the problem. Sequel is just plain buggy and Steinberg don't give a damn...........all they ever do is blame the configuration file and get you to delete it and start again which does NOT fix the problem. Over two years and no Sequel updates and no 64 bit version forthcoming. A really nice product concept let down by bad customer support. If you have MIDI tracks, listen more carefully to Sequel playback and you WILL hear dropouts at random times.
rkabz54

Return to Sequel