Zoom r16 Cubase 6 Windows 7 setup Anyone?

Find topics on computers, studios and music-related hardware.

Zoom r16 Cubase 6 Windows 7 setup Anyone?

Postby Bug » Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:27 am

Hello every one
and well let me say anyone, has any one ,body , person , thing? , been able to make a zoom r16 with win7 and cubase 6 work together, at this juncture that has taken 1 year to acheive , ( I used a laptop with cubase le4 before this ) after upgrading my PC system , ASUS pro motherboard , quadprocessor, 8 mg of ram on a 64 Bit win 7 Os system it with the zoom has done nothing but crash, I have been making it all work , however the system crashes if I go in to deep, the Driver software for the zoom r16 /64bitor32 seems suspect . Anyone Help !! super brain fried.....
bug
Bug

Re: Zoom r16 Cubase 6 Windows 7 setup Anyone?

Postby Bug » Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:32 pm

Hello Steve,
Ya I tend to agree , I did have no problems running cubase Le4 with the R16 with the usb to win XP but as soon as I upgraded to cubase 6 and win 7 the setup seems impossible to work together, I am considering going to a Prosous 1818 which also is usb but I have been assured that it will work. What do you think.
Thanks for your thoughts on this !
Bug
Bug

Postby plectrumboy » Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:23 pm

Bug wrote: however the system crashes if I go in to deep, the Driver software for the zoom r16 /64bitor32 seems suspect . Anyone Help !! super brain fried.....
bug

What do you mean "if you go in too deep"? I have a Zoom R24 that I use with Windows 7 and Windows 8; I currently have it ordinarily set up as my soundcard on my Windows 7 machine. It doesn't cause my machine to crash. My experience with the Zoom R24 and H4n is that if I try to reduce the driver latency too far, the driver stops working - but it doesn't crash Cubase. This has been my experience with Cubase 6.5 32 bit and 64 bit, and now Cubase 7 64 bit.

Are there reproduceable steps that cause your machine to crash?

Steve.
Core i7 2600K @ 4.3Ghz on Asus Z68-V LX 8Gb running Windows 7 (64 bit), Samsung RF711 laptop 8 Gb running Windows 8.1 (64 bit), 2x UR824, Cubase 7.5.3 (64 bit), Halionsonic 2, The Grand SE3, HSO, Wavelab 8.5.1, Halion 5, BFD3, NI Studio Drummer, Session Horns, Mark 1, Groove Agent 3.02 with jBridge, Groove Agent 4, Stylus RMX, Trillian, VST Connect Pro.
plectrumboy

Postby Bug » Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:20 am

Hey Guys ,
Steve thanks for your thoughts , the problem was just getting the basic R16 to run with the 64 bit version of windows , it would crash the system with cubase 6 sometimes before I even opened the program , I had my buddy over who has his PHD in computer engineering and the culprit seemed to be the R16 driver , so he was able to check some aspects I think most even capable people can only dream of, I will include in this post also to plectrumboy that
perhaps the R24 system is more stable with its driver as a unit , there was not one particular step or sequence that in my case would crash the system in particular, but hey I must say I really appreciate your guys thoughts and posts back to me , I am a little disapointed that NO One was Running the R16 with win 7 and cubase 6 in this Forum OR on the R16 forum that you pointed out . I basically had to trade in the R16 and went with a Presonus 1818 SLV and after picking it up and hooking it to my system , IT WORKS Super!!! and I have the latency at 2.3 ms so other than having to say goodby to the R16 I am super happy with the Presonus and ready to get mak'n some music !!!
Thanks you guys for your inputs.....
Cheers BUG
Bug

Postby Jan Rune » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:38 pm

Bug wrote:Hello every one
and well let me say anyone, has any one ,body , person , thing? , been able to make a zoom r16 with win7 and cubase 6 work together, at this juncture that has taken 1 year to acheive , ( I used a laptop with cubase le4 before this ) after upgrading my PC system , ASUS pro motherboard , quadprocessor, 8 mg of ram on a 64 Bit win 7 Os system it with the zoom has done nothing but crash, I have been making it all work , however the system crashes if I go in to deep, the Driver software for the zoom r16 /64bitor32 seems suspect . Anyone Help !! super brain fried.....
bug

Hello!
I have the same problem with my Zoom R16,Its crash with Windows 7,64 bit..Someone can help me with this?
Or have i got too by some new stuff?

JRW
jrw
Jan Rune

Postby Bug » Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:16 pm

Hello, I ended up having to return the R16 for a loss and aquired a Presonus 1818vsl which at this point works with no problems at all. The presonus works almost the same as a R16/24 hope this helps .
Bug
Bug

Postby Luigi1957 » Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:31 pm

I am running Windows 7 64 bit. I am using the Zoom 16 and Cubase 6.
I was getting the Blue Screen of Death BSD
and it pointed to an audio file from the Zoom
I was plugged into a USB 2.0 and after I plugged into my USB3.0 connection everything ran fine.
Just my 2 cents
PJP
Luigi1957

Return to Computer / Studio Hardware & Setup