NO Cubase 6 for my Old Macbook with SSD????

My macbook is old one 2006 black 13inch with firewire port, i using it for the gigs and this friday is my next gig…arghhh, Steinberg says Cubase will work on SSD drives only since OS X 10.7 (Lion)…mine is OSX 10.5.8 OMG what i do now??? …trying to update software, it’s says your software is UP to Date!!! :imp:
Any ideas?

Are your referring to this article?

Steinberg isn’t saying it won’t work in 10.5.8, but that SSD’s are officially only supported from 10.7 and up by the OS, so Steinberg doesn’t recommend using earlier OS X versions as it might cause issues.

“On Mac OS X, the first OS version to officially support SSDs is Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion).
This is why we do not recommend using Windows XP or older Mac OS X releases than Lion.”

Are you having problems now all of a sudden, or did you only just get Cubase 6 for a gig in 2 days time?!

yes this article makes me confused, I just tested and installed C6 on SSD to OSX 10.5.8 and WOW it’s worx :smiley:

my last gig i had a while ago, since then i did replaced hdd to ssd and was so happy to this upgrade till i saw that steinberg article …grrrr, nearly makes me mad, but it’s worx so all is great :slight_smile:
Thanx!

It’s true that Lion is the first Mac OS to support SSDs, but you can still use an older OS as long as your drive has its own trim/auto-leveling support otherwise you’ll eventually slow to a crawl in terms of speed as your SSD drive becomes populated with non-writeable areas. I use an OWC SSD on Snow Leopard without issue.

upfff i didn’t knew about trim/auto-leveling support when i bought it, but seems that i had luck…this is it Mr. Samsung 256GB 2.5-inch SSD 830 Series MZ-7PC256D worx like a flash and I love it :mrgreen: