I'm 16 years behind! - HELP?

I hear ya Pat…as I was installing my home made ‘swivel mechanism’, consisting of two small pieces of plywood with two plastic circle cut-outs from coffee can lids within that, with white grease sandwiched in the middle and a bolt in the center (didn’t want it to rotate TOO easy by using bearings), I had to lift my entire rack to rest it on top & mount. It only holds 6 sound cards, 4 midi routers, 2 sound modules… In the process of lifting it, I threw my back out! :laughing: I didn’t even THINK about adding rotation to the rig until AFTER I had everything mounted in there, DOH! …and NOW I’m thinking of adding wheels, DOH!

I’m not too hung up on size right now, as much as enjoying the art of & facing the challenges of tinkering. It’s just a home studio in a dedicated 11X14 ft room, and nothing needs to be transported anywhere. In fact, I’m trying to find the time to finish renovating a huge 5 1/2 foot tall server rack I’ve acquired, which can house multiple computers and possibly (not sure yet) all my rack gear. Oh, and I already installed EIGHT heavy duty caster wheels on the bottom to roll this MOTHER around! :laughing:

Anyway, back to our regularly schedules programing! The original poster?