IMPC won't "midi sync" to Cubasis.

I’m sure I’m not the only one!
My problem is simple but sadly I don’t seem to have the brain to solve it.
I can’t sync IMPC by midi to run in Cubasis.
When ever I start Cubasis it just repeats the first pattern in IMPC. I would like to be able to write a “song” on IMPC and then sync it to Cubasis in the same way we used to in the old days using cubase on a PC running external hardware. I used to use cubase running on a PC which was linked to a tape machine running SMPTE code. The cubase song would sync to the position of the tape and also start external hardware drum machines and keyboards.
I’m under the impression, maybe wrongly, that I should be able to start Cubasis anywhere in a song and it should sync to the same position in IMPC as if it was an external hardware drum machine.
If this makes any sense to anyone could you please get back to me. I know I can audio copy the whole IMPC song into Cubasis as an audio track, I would like to be able to change effects and levels etc on the IMPC during the recording process of other instruments. I don’t want to have to edit the drum song and then re copy by audio paste.
Thanks in advance, Paul.

IMPC doesn’t do MIDI sync and it won’t recognise an external audio interface when it’s launched in standalone mode (i.e. not as IAA in Cubasis) so you have to use the headphone socket for output. It’s a Retronym app and seems to be locked in to the Tabletop way of doing things. I like the interface and the sounds but the lack of sync is bizarre for a drum machine/sequencer. I asked Akai about it but this very fundamental feature didn’t seem to be of any concern to them. I don’t use it anymore and for me it’s money wasted. Disappointing.

Hi microtoneaudio, thanks for your reply. I should add I use an Alesis io dock 2 and an Alesis V125 keyboard. I also find it odd that IMPC doesn’t sync. I’ve also got rebirth and have the same problem. This is why I thought it must be me and my lack of knowledge. Out of interest do you, or any others reading this thread, know of a sampling app that works like old Skool akai samplers. I used to use an akai S950 and X7000 keyboard. I’d like to emulate the way used them which was to split the keyboard into a drum set at the bottom end, a bass sound in the middle and a pad sound for chords at the top end and similar configurations. So far I have only found sample player apps that work more like a drum machine. I know you can use IMPC to sample a sound and put it on 16 pads of different frequencies but it’s much more complicated then the way I used to do it! Maybe I’m too old to get my head round the new stuff!
If you’d like to share any experience with other software etc I would be interested in what experiences you have had.
Thanks.

I’d like to emulate the way used them which was to split the keyboard into a drum set at the bottom end, a bass sound in the middle and a pad sound for chords at the top end and similar configurations.

ThumbJam will do this, although it only works in 44Khz 16Bit as far as i know, so will be no good if you want higher resolution audio.

Also, I am using iMPC Pro with Cubasis, but just for sounds. I have the Midi track programmed in Cubasis which is triggering the sounds from iMPC. Google iMPC Midi Implementation and you will find a map for notes to pads. These notes need to be sent on CH10, and I could only get it to work using Virtual Midi as output in cubasis and not iMPC directly.

You could also send the following notes on CH1 to control the app. I have not tried doing this so I have no idea if the play options start song or pattern playback.
Tap= C8
Full Level= D#3
16 Level= E3
Undo= F4
Erase= A0
Note Repeat= G3
Main= C4
Rec= G5
Overdub= C#6
Stop= A6
Play= G#6
Play Start= B6
Solo Track= D#4
Mute Track= D4
Track Down= D#1
Track Up= D1
Pad Bank= C#4

Thanks very much I’ll try it and let you know how I get on. Again, thanks a lot.

Also, I am using iMPC Pro with Cubasis, but just for sounds. I have the Midi track programmed in Cubasis which is triggering the sounds from iMPC. Google iMPC Midi Implementation and you will find a map for notes to pads. These notes need to be sent on CH10, and I could only get it to work using Virtual Midi as output in cubasis and not iMPC directly.

Thank you for sharing this.
Do you use iMPC Pro as a midi instrument or do you setup one audio and one midi track? I tried really hard to make it work as you say, but I can’t yet trigger iMPC Pro sounds from the Cubasis keyboard / pads (it works fine with a hardware controller though).

Do you use iMPC Pro as a midi instrument or do you setup one audio and one midi track?

I used 1 audio 1 midi track.

but I can’t yet trigger iMPC Pro sounds from the Cubasis keyboard / pads

I am using a nanopad2 to record midi, but I have also recorded the midi from the pads in the iMPC app. I don’t recall if I tried the pads or keys within Cubasis.