Buying Cubase 9 Pro -

Hi

I have cubase 7 Ai and i considering buying Cubase 9 Pro … can i upgrade it to cubase9 pro ?
I’m from jordan “middle east” we don’t have local dealer/distributor
I have 420$ :neutral_face: in my mastercard so i looked at on ebay for cubase pro within my budget
and i found two item / seller suitable to my budget

I sent a question message for first one "about usb-elicenser and region locked

and here his answer

////THis will not work outside of the United States-Thanks…

So what can I do to buy it ? I’m not a professional audio engineering just need it to record my music playing and using all audio/midi editor tools / instrument

My ai7 copy has a lot of tools are unavailable, So i’m looking seriously for upgrade to pro 9 in ASAP but don’t know how

I found some good deals on ebay UK mmm i don’t know if there region lock for UK version

Why ebay UK has cubase pro full version at a cheaper price ?

All suggestions are welcome

Why ebay UK has cubase pro full version at a cheaper price ?

3rd party retailers can always sell a bit lower than Steinberg do, but if it’s significantly cheaper then probably you’re looking at Educational version for which you have to provide proof of being a student or working in education.

Thank you for replying so promptly
I contacted the customs office and they said to me there is a sales tax on software :frowning:
Frankly, I do not have money of all this

Can I buy a dongle alone , then buy activation key online
I do not have much information about the activation

You can do it that way, but be careful. Activation codes are one-time use– obviously only buy using a method where you are guaranteed the item is real by a 3rd party, like ebay. Also sometimes people sell the dongle with a license on it.

Thank you sir

Activation codes are one-time use–

do you mean should i buy an unused license ? Well then there is no difference between them ?

or i can use it for one time & i will not be able ReActivation if i format my computer ?
If the seller sent me the activation key then i use it
that will be safe or he can steal my activation

The license resides on the dongle, there is no such thing as, or need for re-activation for licenses on the dongle.

The user plugs in the dongle and opens the elc app. Then they enter the activation code. Then the license is ‘downloaded’ to the dongle. From then on that dongle has the license on it. Any computer with Cubase installed that you plug the dongle into will run Cubase, end of story.

The activation code has no use after this.

Note that it’s the dongle that is registered with Steinberg, not the license.

Many thanks Steve, that was a clear answer

If the seller sent me the activation key then i use it
that will be safe or he can steal my activation

I mean ,i’ll not get the bill/receipt soooo the seller can’t retrieval activation
If the seller contact steinberg support, because he has all the information and bills while i do not have any evidence

Look up ‘Steinberg resale wizard’ and also ‘Steinberg zero downtime’ to get the rest of the official info you need.

Thank you very much :unamused: