REMIX: "I Can Never Let You Go" - by Shadowfax

Let's hear what you have made using our products!

REMIX: "I Can Never Let You Go" - by Shadowfax

Postby Sherz » Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:43 am

Kevin was generous (and foolish?) enough to let me have a play around with his song. :twisted:
I've pretty much totally rebuilt and redesigned it... so much no that it barely resembles the original! :shock: Sorry Kevin. The most significant changes are to the structure, and the reason for that was I thought it wa originally a little too fragmented... too many differing parts, so what I've done after quite a bit of head scratching is reshuffle all the parts, discarded sone and come up with a much shorter, and what I think is more cohesive structure. As for the arrangement... well, that's pretty much 90's new too.

Anyway, it's just a different interpretation of the song I guess. Here's my initial mix:

I Can Never Let You Go (Black Sands Remix)
Cubase 7.5 (64bit) | Windows 7 (64bit) | M-Audio Fastrack C600| 3.4Ghz Intel i5 | 8Gb
THE STRAGGLERS CHOONS | MY CHOONS | | VIDEOS | PHOTOGRAPHY
Sherz

Re: REMIX: "I Can Never Let You Go" - by Shadowfax

Postby Bane » Sat Dec 21, 2013 3:39 pm

Wow this really is a good perspective on the song. I've been coming back every few hours to listen to it again. Lots of dynamic contrast and nuance in the atmospheric sounds. 8-)
Asus R500A-RS52, Windows 8, 2.6gHz i5 -3230M, 6GB RAM,

Cubase Artist 7.0.6, Wavelab Elements 7, Focusrite Scarlett 8i6, The Grand 3, Melodyne Essential, Superior Drummer, EZDrummer and Pop! EZX, Samson CO1, Yamaha P-35, Mackie MR5mk2 monitors, and more....

My tunes on: Soundcloud
Bane

Postby shadowfax » Sat Dec 21, 2013 3:46 pm

Listening to this on a laptop up a mountain in France so quality aint good but sounds interesting..is there a timing issue at the begining?...really like the arrangement though!!! will listen harder when I get back next week....Kevin
https://soundcloud.com/knmac ... https://knmac.bandcamp.com/... Cubase 7 64 bit on W7 intel i7-2700 CPU@3.50GHz, 2xSSD's..16GB ram, Yamaha N8, Genelec 8030BPM/Genelec7050BPM monitors...SPL track one, Shure KSM32 and a homemade soundbooth.
shadowfax

Postby Sherz » Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:47 am

Bane wrote:Wow this really is a good perspective on the song. I've been coming back every few hours to listen to it again. Lots of dynamic contrast and nuance in the atmospheric sounds. 8-)
Well, repeat listens is encouraging! :D

shadowfax wrote:Listening to this on a laptop up a mountain in France so quality aint good but sounds interesting..is there a timing issue at the begining?...really like the arrangement though!!! will listen harder when I get back next week....Kevin
You'll need to be more specific if you're hearing a timing glitch? You're on a mountain in France? I wish I had YOUR job! 8-)
Cubase 7.5 (64bit) | Windows 7 (64bit) | M-Audio Fastrack C600| 3.4Ghz Intel i5 | 8Gb
THE STRAGGLERS CHOONS | MY CHOONS | | VIDEOS | PHOTOGRAPHY
Sherz

Return to Made with Steinberg