my new song " CIRCUS " welcome to taste...

Let's hear what you have made using our products!

my new song " CIRCUS " welcome to taste...

Postby Ruslan » Fri Jan 17, 2014 8:31 pm

Hi everybody!

here is my new song called " Circus "
I never played in that style of music before, i was playing my guitar in my little home studio, suddenly i did that riff from where i decided to make my new song.i cant say if it electro-funk or what is exactly.... i thought it is circus where everyting can be and everything can happen ,so here is, welcome to listen

guitars and bass were recorded real, other sounds from C7

https://soundcloud.com/ruslan-polusotsky

any opinion welcom
Ruslan

Re: my new song " CIRCUS " welcome to taste...

Postby ferencz » Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:38 am

it's got a nice groove!
HP I7/3 .4g/8g ram/Emu 1212m/Novation Zero SL MKII/Halion 4.5/Halion Sonic SE/Padshop Pro/Wavelab 4/Cubase 6.5
ferencz

Postby shadowfax » Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:29 am

Good instrumental...another eclectic mix from you, nice work.......Kevin
https://soundcloud.com/knmac ... https://knmac.bandcamp.com/... Cubase 7 64 bit on W7 intel i7-2700 CPU@3.50GHz, 2xSSD's..16GB ram, Yamaha N8, Genelec 8030BPM/Genelec7050BPM monitors...SPL track one, Shure KSM32 and a homemade soundbooth.
shadowfax

Postby Jonathan5456 » Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:25 pm

Yeah, nice groove indeed. The delay adds a nice rhythm to the guitar, though I think it's a touch too loud in the mix for my tastes. When the instrument at 0:30 comes in makes me feel like playing Streets of Rage for the megadrive. The hook is cool, would be pretty catchy on a videogame methinks. Cool stuff.
Jonathan5456

Postby Ruslan » Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:32 am

BIG Thanks guys for all of your feedbacks and your opinions. I very appreciate it.

Jonathan5456 - probably you are right about loudness , but i really tryed to make everything well balanced, but after mixing hours and hours, ears start to loose perception and all the time seems like missing something or i must add more comression or add more eq here and there, and when i listen all mix next day - i say - all sounds like "badword" , i have to do all mix again.And when i comeback next day i say then - that part is good enough, we can leave it like that, but another part is rubbish and i do not like it, so i start to mix again days and nights.
To me mixing is a hardest part.
I have read few very good books about mixing, i watched a lot of tutorials about how to mixing audio in macprovideo and theoretically " i'm ready to mix any song " , but when i starting to mixing my stuff - i feel myself totally lost as if i do it first time. :?
So i keep working hard and try to do as good as i can.

My best regards!

Russ
Ruslan

Return to Made with Steinberg