"New Dawn"

I’ve not been writing much this last couple of years, but here’s a another new one for 2014, written and recorded this week:

A New Dawn

:sunglasses:

A fairly unassuming song from you Ian, your singing in a low key and I was half expecting a chorus where you stepped it up a bit but the chorus seemed to stay at the same level…I think a key change in the second chorus would have lifted the song a bit :slight_smile:
your usual more than capable production :slight_smile:
excellent pic with the track!!!

best…Kevin

Cheers Kevin. The low key singing thing - I’ve wanting to try a more Leonard Cohen, Tom Waits kind of vocal approach for some time and this song seemed to suit. I don’t really rate myself as a singer and I do find in a higher register my voice has a rather unpleasant timbre - to my ears anyway so I thought It’d be interesting to drop it down and see how it sounds. You could be right about that last chorus… the thought had crossed my mind at one time. :slight_smile:

i like the track, nice and laid back and flows nice with the lyrics ,i thought your voice was a bit loud when it started but got used to it .i liked the low register singing and i also like your more usual register and your more usual register is where i recognize your voice ,dont worry about the timbre its very pleasing to the ear .great mix as per usual and a nice groove happening on the verses and not forgetting the unsung hero, the acoustic on the choruses adding some nice percussive elements. excellent stuff.

i also like your more usual register and your more usual register is where i recognize your voice ,dont worry about the timbre its very pleasing to the ear .
polgara quote…

ditto to that :slight_smile:

You’re both too kind! :blush:

:smiley:

I didn’t write that,polgara did, I just agreed with him, can’t figure out how to select a bit of a post as a quote… :blush:

first scroll to the persons post and press the “quote” button you will then see all the text, the first thing on the top left will be the name of the persons quote in brackets like this example [ quote=“shadowfax”] do not erase any part of that from open bracket to close bracket, then at the end of the post (bottom right) there will be example [/quote ] again do not erase any part of this from open bracket to close bracket , any text that falls within these two sets of brackets can be edited and thats it … then you can start writing your comment after all that but not within any of the brackets …sometimes you will get quotes within quotes but you will have to sus that one out yourself kevin ,but the same applies, once you get used to it you can then start mis-quoting people :laughing: :smiling_imp:

thanks…i give it a go…

Agree with Kevin’s comments… you should keep on writing! Production sounds great on my speakers. I know you’re big on native plugins… are you using Reverence, or something that comes with your drum kit? I think you’re still using Steven Slate? Was high on my list until I got Studio Drummer as part of Komplete 8 (or was it 7?).

Cheers. :slight_smile: Yes mostly native plugins - I like the newer bundled reverb “Revelation” and tend to use that more these days. The drums are Jamstix and Steve Slate.

:sunglasses: