Am I Dreaming?

I specifically wanted to record midi remotely and at the time - only VST connect Pro would do this and ONLY from Channel 1 with Cubase 7 and 7.5 I do believe the included SE version in Cubase 8 records midi but I am waiting for the PRO upgrade for other reasons.

The key to recording midi is for the performer to send you an anologue output of the instrument at the same time. This is to help the engineer hear things in real time. I disable the monitoring of the midi stream but I can see that it is recording by looking at the track. Trying to monitor the midi track results in such terrible latency that it is to hard to make any judgements about the performance. I monitor the “anologue” track that is set close to the sound of the midi instrument I like. Of course, once I get the midi track recorded, I can set it’s output to any VSTi or even hardware that I like. I have recorded drums this way many times but unless you know of the limitation of only recording channel 1 you will have a problem. I had to buy a channel switching box for the Yamaha DTXplorer that was hard wired to Channel 10. Hopefully the upgrades have fixed this.