VST Connect - Draw me a path/map of connections

Switching to the expanded mixer in VST Connect Pro 3 editor. It did it again, vanished the faders and upon returning to the initial or main window of the editor the faders are inaccessible. Removing VST Connect Pro 3 Insert and inserting it back fixed it but then you have to reconnect with the remote.

Also, the loopback function, it needs to be put back. Maybe not for the original reason it was included, but for allowing the Studio to check on/verify what the remote is actually getting from the studio vs, what the studio thinks its sending.(as a debugging tool for the studio.) I would think this would work by sending a switch signal to the remote application “VST performer” telling it to also return what its receiving from the studio. Of course, this won’t tell the Studio the performer hasn’t got their headphones plugged in… or such, but will help pin problems down

Why do I write this? Because I just experienced it, the problem. Though I’m testing/learning on a LAN, I keep in mind issues that a non-LAN remote setup would need a way to identify to deal with and from the Studio end…

As to hearing LIVE (delay considered) the remote in sync with what the studio is sending. As there are timing signals involved for sync, Seems a delayed copy of the studio mix (for studio side monitoring) controlled by the timing signals coming back from the remote would be better as monitoring could include more and even a different mix than what the remote is getting from the studio. Allowing the studio flexibility in hearing how the live remote fits into a different or more complete work. Leaving the above mentioned “Loopback” function clearly as just a debugging/verify tool.

Of course all of this is about overcoming internet lag issues to make work closer to that of working in house (studio)
I’m still learning and maybe this is currently possible (live but remote timed delayed mix) but I don’t see that yet.

I have seen some unusual delays. ie. VST Connect Pro insert channel… I can see the remote signal coming in but there is a real noticeable delay (1 sec+) between it and the record track it’s being routed to. Is that right?

There is surface level documentation for the end users, often considered thin or confusing regarding Steinberg documents, but sometimes for an end user to really understand, its helpful to communicate deeper into the inner working of the software. Paths/maps of connections, signal flow … I wonder why the talkback/CUE volume knob in VST Connect Pro 3 editor does not seem to work and why the Performer Monitor Volume control at one time seemed to work as a volume control for delay of the performer/remote back to them (confusing indeed).

Certainly I could be doing something wrong, or there could be a software issue.
There is a word I use “Overcomplexifabulocation” I think it communicates better than the phrase “over engineered” :smiley:
Something the general software industry is quite guilty of and the Aerospace software industry strives to avoid. More levels of complexity. greater chance of fail.