Cubase Elements licence not recognized

All topics on Cubase iC Air

Cubase Elements licence not recognized

Postby G-string » Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:05 pm

Got some very bad news for you Sming .
IC AIR was working perfectly with my c7.0.4 on my laptop which also has Cubase elements 7 but when I removed my dongle of 7.0.4 and tried to use my ELEMENTS as normal without trying to use IC AIR the elicencer didn't even recognize a licence on my dongle , so I removed it , tried it on my base station and the licence showed up ,so I tried again , it recognised the dongle and I tried to do a maintenance but it froze 3 times in a row , 4 time it recognized the elements licence so I tried to open elements 7 and all I got was a fatal error code elc 22 , im running the latest elc .

I uninstalled the IC AIR and leap motion and the elements licence was recognized and it loaded straight away with no problem , so basically for me it is unusable as im not taking the risk of installing this on my BS and as im using elements on the lap top ....... it's a no go .

So anyone reading this ,if you have elements and c7 on the same machine be prepared for elements not to work normally .
sorry to report this but this is basically what happened , I actually thought my dongle was dying but it's not .

john
I7 3770k - win7 64 bit - C7.5.20 - WL8e - Halion 5 - Padshop pro - Cmc - Midex 8 - Uad - Rme FF/ADi8pro - Automap 4.7.3 b
G-string

Re: Cubase iC Air - Give us your feedback and ideas

Postby sming » Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:44 pm

Hey John,

Here's the remark from our eLicenser expert in house after I forwarded your report to him:

as far as I understand, the user has two USB-eLicensers, one with Cubase 7, one with Cubase Elements 7.
He installed iC Air on his laptop. As long as he used Cubase 7 with USB-eLicenser A, everything was working fine, also with using iC Air.
When he tried to use Cubase Elements 7 with USB-eLicenser B, the license was not recognized even without trying to use iC Air.
When he deinstalled iC Air, Cubase Elements 7 worked again.

On the technical layer, there is no difference between C7 running with an USB-eLicenser and CE7 running with an USB-eLicenser that I can think of that could be influenced by iC Air/Leap Motion.

What I would suspect is a USB conflict between the Leap Motion device and the CE7-USB-eLicenser.

Maybe this helps?
cheers,
SMing

Software Research Developer
Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
Hamburg, Germany
Check out Steinberg on YouTube, Twitter and Facebook!
sming
Steinberg Employee

Postby G-string » Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:48 pm

He is perfectly right that is what im doing .
yes I thought that as well , I try all avenues before reporting , this was happening without the leap motion usb device even plugged in and it was coming up with a ELC fatal error 22 no licence could be found
I7 3770k - win7 64 bit - C7.5.20 - WL8e - Halion 5 - Padshop pro - Cmc - Midex 8 - Uad - Rme FF/ADi8pro - Automap 4.7.3 b
G-string

Postby sming » Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:59 am

Morning John,

Here are two additional pieces of information that may help you. So if you could find the time, please give it a try.

eLicenser engineer wrote:...
USB can be very nasty and it is entirely possible that the problem only occurs in the combination of this specific laptop, USB-eLicenser, Leap Motion controller and possibly USB cables he's using.
My suggestion for him would be: move the Elements license to the eLicenser that now holds the Cubase full license and vice versa and then check whether Elements works on the laptop with iC Air / Leap Motion installed.

Ed wrote:It would be great to know what the eLicenser Control Center displays when the license is not found and maybe even the device manager.
Could it be that there is an issue with the Leap Motion driver and the eLC?

thanks.
cheers,
SMing

Software Research Developer
Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
Hamburg, Germany
Check out Steinberg on YouTube, Twitter and Facebook!
sming
Steinberg Employee

Postby G-string » Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:04 am

Thank you for this information , I will try this a little later but what I can tell you is that there are no cables being used apart from the leap motion usb cable which can with the product.

thanks
G-string

Re: Cubase Elements licence not recognized

Postby camila » Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:48 pm

Anyway, our recommendation is that, try to look for the things that you can benefit from the device apart from controlling Cubase. Simply put, how would you use the device apart from iC Air?
Save your time and get on time success in 70-332 dumps and testking toefl exams by using our latest Springfield College and other superb exam pass resources of examsheets and LPI.
camila

Return to Cubase iC Air