LeapMotion 2.0 is out, and it's AWESOME!

All topics on Cubase iC Air

LeapMotion 2.0 is out, and it's AWESOME!

Postby islandmusicpro » Thu May 29, 2014 8:23 pm

Hi all,

if you haven't done so yet, head over to LeapMotion and download the 2.0 Skeletal Tracking beta version of their new software. And the demos, especially CubeWave and BlockPit.
And prepare to be blown away. This is it!
Nothing should stand in the way now of Steinberg realizing their vision for iC Air!

Here's what I'd like to see from the SB developers:
A fully and natively integrated gesture control option for navigation in Cubase!
To give you my specific usage scenario:
Approach the controller from above. Nothing happens until a certain hover height, but lowering further I can do two things:
1. Make a fist and emulate the mouse wheel click (=hand tool), i.e. pan up/down/left/right.
2. Make a flat outstretched hand. and in staying in the center nothing happens. Then push towards the screen to smoothly zoom in and stop zooming when I stop moving. zoom back out when moving backwards. Move hand to right/left and smoothly start scrolling right/left, stopping when I stop. The further I am from the middle/neutral position, the faster it scrolls/zooms. I can make a fist at any point to grab and drag, and I can zoom and scroll at the same time.
All of this needs to be smooth and seamless. Of course... ;)

Me personally, I don't need transport controls, since I use a control surface for that and locating/marking and jumping around in my arrangement.

Seriously, I think we all are ready. This is the time for a killer app and a truly groundbreaking new way to interact with the GUI. What's the 99 US Dollars for the device compared to the rest of people's studio setups?
By the way, that Intel camera was just rendered obsolete, I'm afraid....

Anxious to hear your thoughts,

Benji
Cubase 7.5.30 x64, Windows 8.1 Update 1 x64
Synthogy Ivory 2, UAD2 Duo PCIe, Superior Drummer 2.3 NY extensions
i7 3770K Gigabyte Z77-UD5H, 32GB Crucial ULP 1.35V RAM
Allen & Heath ZED R16, UA LA610 Mk2, Neumann TLM49, Shure SM7B, Mackie HR624 Mk2
https://www.facebook.com/islandmusicpro
islandmusicpro

Return to Cubase iC Air