Questions About the MixConsole and Mackie Protocol

Been putting C8 through its paces. Still navigating the learning curve (coming from Nuendo 4). There seems to be some odd behavior between C8 and my Tascam DM-3200 that I use as a control surface. The Tascam uses the Mackie Universal Controller protocol. For example, using the bank buttons to get to a given channel seems spotty – sort of hit or miss. Additionally, my Tascam will still show channels that are no longer in the MixConsole, particularly if they are input or output channels.

Finally, is there a way to hide/minimize the Visibility Panel on the mixer? Once I have my settings, it would be nice to remove that panel altogether.

Its all broken
We all all know about it

Hippo

got my issues sorted with my control surfaces Tascam FW-1884 + FE-8(1) + FE-8(2)
i initially had problems getting them to work properly in Cub8 Pro, they worked fine in 7.5 right out of the box so to speak.
With the new mixer in Cub8 Pro i had to remove the inputs visibility in the mixer first then add the 3 Mackie Control Devices to get the faders(24) to be assigned correctly to the “OUTS” (instead of the “INS”) on my default track setup (16-audio / 16-midi) all surface functions work perfectly now using Mackie Control template provided in Cubase.

cheers

. . . Except that you cannot hide INDIVIDUAL channels from your surface using the Mix Console Visibility Pane.

You can only hide entire TYPES of channels - ie ALL Audio, or ALL Instrument.

AND your Master Fader probably shows up as you right most Standard fader.

Hugh

I swear to god it makes you wonder if they even have a Mackie unit in their office. How can this keep happening?

I cannot get any faders on my DM-3200 to work with Cubase 8 - the play/record/transport functions work fine. Could you outline the steps involved in how to “remove the inputs visibility in the mixer first then add the 3 Mackie Control Devices to get the faders(24) to be assigned correctly to the “OUTS” (instead of the “INS”)”

thanks