Problem transferring an LE project to my other PC

Hi all
I have a PC running Windows XP, on which my LE programme worked fine. Recently I bought a laptop running Windows 8.1, on which I now make my recordings. However I now have certain problems (latency, and above all certain dynamics plug-ins which make a crackling noise when I use them). I’m thinking, compatibility problems of the plug-ins with Win8 ?

So I had the idea of transferring my latest cpr folder from the laptop to the PC to do the last steps of compression, limiting etc. I copied the cpr folder from the Audio registry onto a memory stick then opened the project on the PC, but I got a message saying there are files missing… all of them I think, given the length of the list! The search options proposed by LE don’t come up with anything. So I looked in the complete online user manual, but no mentions there of how to carry out the transfer.

Can anyone please help me here, I’m sure there’s a simple command which enables the export on memory stick or whatever of the complete cpr project, but I can’t figure out where it is!

Thanks
James

Hello James,

When transferring a Cubase project, you must grab the .cpr file and the audio files folder related to the project. If you are unsure where your files are stored, open the Cubase project and go to Media>Open Pool Window. In the Pool Window open the folder that says

Hi Joel

Thanks for your detailed reply. Having trouble finding Media>Open Pool though, because I live in France and when installing selected French as the language, and I can’t see what that would correspond to …
The main menu headings I have in the project window are (left to right) Fichier / Edition / Projet / Audio / MIDI / Bibliothèque / Transport / Périphériques / Fenêtre / Aide / Mise au Jour.
Which menu, and which choice when scrolling down the sub-menu?

Thanks
James

Hello James,

I don’t speak French unfortunately, however going consecutively with the menu options the option should be the first one under <Bibliothèque>. You can also use the key command (Cntrl+P) to open the pool window.

You can also change the language back to English in Cubase under File>Preferences>General>Language on PC or Cubase LE>Preferences>General>Language on Mac.

Problem solved, thanks for your help Joel.

Hello James,

Glad I could assist, happy recording!