MacBook Air & Cubase LE 6

hello!

happy holidays everyone. i enountered a weird problem here, hope to get some useful tips…

i´ve been using MacBook Air (bought early 2014 with 8gb memory) successfully using the built in soundcard with Cubase 6 LE & NI Maschine. Also had Behringer BCR3000 soundcard/controller on NI Traktor…

Then I wanted to record from microphone to Cubase, using Zoom H4n as a soundcard; i have used Zoom as a soundcard on different laptops before. Not that it´s a super excellent as a soundcard but it has worked anyway.

When switching to Zoom in Cubase settings, all sound out becomes horrible digital distortion. Same with recorded audio, is´s just digital clicking. Back to built-in soundcard works again. Then I tried what the Behriger does (works no problem on Traktor) and same thing: right when switching the soundcard in Cubase settings the clicking and noise starts, so problem was not the Zoom but Cubase. Restarted and tried both soundcards just on Maschine standalone and Traktor - no problems.

edit: i just saw this, is it really so!!? can´t believe:

Steinberg software has hardware audio problems. Steinberg cautions it hasn’t finished testing, but has this somewhat dire warning:

… what is known so far is that all Steinberg software products (except for Cubase LE / AI / Elements 7.0.6) are affected by an issue with the CoreAudio2ASIO component when using audio hardware in class-compliant mode which may lead to dangerous digital noise. Some Steinberg hardware products need to be updated as well to ensure full compatibility with the new OS X version. We therefore recommend you not to upgrade to OS X 10.9 yet.*

As far as I know, this particular component is specific to Steinberg’s cross-platform support; I haven’t heard any other class-compliant audio issues (though please correct me). We’ll let you know when there’s an update.