[FR] Adjustable minimum LEDs light intensity

+1 to this thread. I don’t own a CC121 yet, but I’m now looking at it as a serious replacement for my Alphatrack. This feature would definitely be a plus from the perspective of a potential new customer.

As mentioned above, I often work with very low-level or even no ambient lighting. Under such conditions I’m finding that the lack of illumination of the CC121’s buttons seriously compromises its usefulness, the basic problem being that with the exception of the jog wheel, I simply cannot easily see what I am reaching for or pressing.

It then becomes safer and surer to use the mouse instead, which for the time being somewhat negates the point of owning the thing in the first place.

I remain very disappointed with this aspect of the unit, and believe I have been mislead by the advertising, which shows the buttons brightly lit.

Prospective owners should be made aware of this shortcoming by suitable amendment to the specification set out on the relevant Steinberg web pages.

Well of course they are. Less current, less light.

Many, myself included, asked for this in the old forum. Still would like to have this. +1 on this.

+1

I agree with this 100%…especially since I’m getting a little older every day!

• 1 Again I agree to 100% :slight_smile:

well if its genuinely impossible to have them on dim, and some don’t ever light, could we have the option of having them all just on?

You can tell it’s possible when you power it on and it cycles all the buttons through several levels of brightness.

C’mon SB, this really should not be a difficult thing to do! :bulb:

I thought lights were always on before I’ve strated using it. I am also sometimes working in low-light and I need to put my mobile phone’s screen’s light on to CC121 in order to see the buttons! That should be not be the right way :slight_smile: Please Steinway, publish a software or firmware update for the lights of CC121. As everyone mentioned here it should be possible because when we turn on CC121 all buttons are lighted and they are fading out level by level.

Thanks!
Cenk

I also would like this feature and had stated this on the old forum.
I cannot ever recall having any official statement from Steinberg stating it could or could not be done.

Please can we therefore have some sort of official response as whether this is being looked into or even if it is possible?

As I mentioned in another post, with Cubase not playing and a track/channel selected with no eq or other inserts and not in R/W mode, it is possible for all 28 buttons to remain unlit, the only illumination on the entire panel then being the blue power/ready LED.

This is not my idea of good design.

Please please sort this out!

One more vote for this feature from a new CC121 user!

Yes, would be indeed very nice to have the cc121 illuminated all the time…

Regards,
Paul

+1. This is, along with the reversed Q and Gain knobs, the most annoying thing, for me, on the CC121. Otherwise it’s a great controller.

Bump!

…would be really nice to have the buttons lightly dimmed all the time.
Any comment from the mods about this?

Regards,
Paul

yes.

but that doesn’t seem to stop people ignoring that fact and keeping on asking for it anyway.

I’d like my cc121 to dispense £10 notes every time I press a button…c’mon mods it must be possible…If I keep on asking surely it will happen ?

:laughing:

Comón Steinberg !

What is the problem ?
this request was made 6 Dec 2010 19:34
7 mounth´s ago ???
Not even an response for this one .,just tooo Bad :question: :question: :question:

Quoting from myself in another thread:

‘As it stands at the moment, with Cubase not playing and a track/channel selected with no eq or other inserts and not in R/W mode, it is possible for all 28 buttons to remain unlit, the only illumination on the entire panel then being the blue power/ready LED.’

In my view this is plain silly. I find it hard to imagine that this was how the designer(s) first envisaged the thing.

Bump!