MR816 and Windows 8.1 Problem Discovered

System Info:

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD3H
CPU: Intel i7 4770k 3.4GHz
RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengence
GPU: MSI GTX770
Hardrives: 2x 500GB SSD 1 x 1T Eco Storage

Soundcard: Steinberg MR1816 (Latest Drivers and Firmware)
Software: Cubase 7.5 (Latest Version)

Windows 8.1 appears to have some legacy drivers missing which ARE present in Windows 7. This is causing compatibility issues with Cubase 7.2.2 when using the MR816X as the audio I/O when set to Yamaha Steinberg FW Driver.

I’ve spent the last two days trying to figure out why I’m getting audio issues (Only when using Cubase 7.2.2) which include Pops, Clicks, Buzzes and Stutters. Originally I thought it was to do with my harddrive and Windows 8.1s 100% Disk erros (which are quite common).

To narrow the problem down I connected some speakers via Optical into the back of my mother board and ran Cubase using the ASIO Low Latency Driver (Bypassing the MR816) in doing this play back was perfect, no problems what so ever. However, when switching back to the FW Driver using the MR816X, playback started glitching out again.

For me this is quite a problem as I now have a £400 + piece of hardware that I cannot fully utilise because of some Driver issues and Microsoft aren’t to bothered about FireWire these days. So how can I correct this problem?