hardware control doesn't show up in cubase 7.5.3

hi,
i just got my mr816csx and am happy with how it sounds.
however, after playing around and using the new project presets i wanted to do a new project from scratch.
i created a mono audio track and was hoping to click the quick connect button on the card - but nothing happened… even as i went into the connections menu and created the input myself i didn’t get the hardware controls on the input channel - it just doesn’t show up… i get a signal and can record it - but direct monitoring doesn’t work (although checked) and i don’t get the hardware control panel in the mixer - it just isn’t there…
when i open a saved project - where it worked - it’s there again…
is that a known problem? am i doing anything horribly wrong? confused here…

help? :wink:
thanks a log
gernot

… and if i load an load project and add the inputs of the new interface (mr816), the hardware control shortly shows up - but when i try to click it to expand it in the mixer it just disappears…
don’t know what to do - getting frustrated… is the mr816 an old, unsupported product? it’s the only low latency, firewire product steinberg offers… am i better of sending it back and ordering one of the (more) current usb interfaces?
have to say - was a bit shocked to see that not even the online manual has been updated to the latest version of cubase… it’s stuck at version 4… dosen’t make me feel confident about the purchase…

Try to reset the MR…