Plug ins missing.

No, didn’t work…
OS-X version 10.6.7

This is the first time I see such a situation. Whether there is something special on your system (any idea?). Or an installation issue. Did you try to reinstall?

Okay, I finally got it to work!!!

What happend is this: I got several error messages from the licence control when running Cubase 6 lately.
But Cubase was working flawlessly and I had installed the latest eLicenser Control Center, before I installed Wavelab the first time.
But… Than it hit me, I had some problems with the boot drive, so I re-installed an image from a week or 2 ago.
Installed Wavelab again, but forgot about the newer eLicenser Control Center… :unamused:
So, nothing special on my system. :smiley:

I have installed IKMultimedia T-TrackS-3 mastering plugins v3.51
They are not being found by Wavelab7

They are running on Wavelab 6, Nuendo5.5 64bit, Nuendo4 32bit finds them not Wavelab7.1 build 543 running on Win7 64bit OS
:question:

(BTW IKMultimedia Amplitube products are found)

During IKMultimedia “T-RackS 3” install, Using “Run as Administrator”, I specificicaly installed the 32bit VST/dll versions to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steinberg\Vstplugins
I re-ran the “Force plug-in detection at next launch” command every other plugin in VSTPligin folder was found (only (VSTi’s we’re understandably ignored for WL7)
All subfolders in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steinberg\Vstplugins are found except T-RackS-3

I have also set my Wavelab 7 “Global preferences” I have it set to “Common for all users” and have tried “independant for each user” same difference no T-Racks plugins

Also traxhed preferences
\Users\Audio1SSD\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\WaveLab 7
and reinstalled WL7

After multiple plugin scans, not T-RackS-3 plugins to be found

In text file C:\Users[UserName]\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\WaveLab 7\Cache\plugins.set

You can see all the plugin files that WaveLab evaluates.
If a file is recognized as a plugin, you will see “PlugIn=1”
else “PlugIn=0”
In that last case, that means somehow the plugin is not a plugin, or has a problem with WaveLab.

Hope, Wlab7 64Bit comming soon.
Have installed 64Bit Windows7 and Nuendo 64 Bit. The biggest problem was the Wlab presets adoption from my XP backup, in the right folders of Windows7 (layouts, default audiomontage, keycommands, etc.) and the sharing of 32Bit/64Bit Plugins. Have try to rebuild my Wlab Layouts before I use my XP backup, but honestly, I still don’t unterstand the conntex between workspaces, tabs, layouts and docking behavior of the windows …

PG
What text editor allows me to see the file plugins.set?

I did solve this regardless of seeing the plugin.set file. By Uninstalling the IKMultimedia T-Racks Plugins
Installed the 32bit versions only
Launched and forced Plugin search W7 being 32bit found them.
Then went back to install the 64bit versions for Nuendo 5.5 64bit purposes

Must’ve been some dll confusion. and W7 didn’t decipher the dll’s in 64bit just bypassing the 32bit versions

I’ve been running into a few 32bit VST bridge issues and am trying to Run Nuendo in 64bit w/plugins and run WL7 with 32bit versions. I believe all is coherent at the moment. Like 64bit Apples and 32bit Oranges in the plugin world

What text editor allows me to see the file plugins.set?

Any, like notepad. But not a “word processor” such as microsoft word.

Philippe

I have just installed the 64bit version of WL 7,2,1 build 600 on Win7 Pro64bit

My 32bit WL version is still working and installed with all my plugin groups successfully, so workflow is somewhat unimpeded. The 64bit version had me intrigued moving forward towards a 64bit plugin only setup

Am I to assume that 32bit versions on plugins e.g UAD-1 or UAD-2 cannot be used by the 64bit version?
Seems like a few 64bit plugins are recognized by WL 64bit, but not all like in Nuendo 5.5.2 64bit

after I “Force plugin at next launch” command some 64bit plugs, like my Voxengo set don’t show up in WL 7.2.1

Trash preferences again?? Did that then the same missing plugins issue came up in the 32bit version
(restored to put back)

C:\Users\xxxx\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\WaveLab 7\Cache/plugins.set - sees many Plugins=1

Any thoughts Phillipe?

C:\Users\xxxx\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\WaveLab 7\Cache/plugins.set

is an old WaveLab 7.0 file.

Remove C:\Users\xxxx\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\WaveLab 7\Cache/plugin-cache*.txt

PG

Well I have tried removing

C:\Users\xxxx\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\WaveLab 7\Cache/plugin-cache*.txt

I even deleted the folder C:\Users\xxxx\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\WaveLab 7 folder * contents hoping it would rebuild a set of new preferences
No success as of yet

Wavelab 7.2.1 build600 32bit and 64bit version seems to have to lost the links to many previously found plugins
Eg UAD plugins and T RACKS plugins,
These two specific plugins title are my main usage Plugins in Wavelab. I really need to have Wavelab find show them in the Plugin list and get Mastering again

Wayne

I have “Forced plugin detection at next launch”
It creates a list of unusable plugins and creates the do not load the following types list

UAD and T-Racks are NOT on that list even though the scan shows them
Nuendo 5.52 finds all 64bit VST2 and VST3 plugins

Any other

Wavelab 7.2.1 build600 32bit and 64bit version seems to have to lost the links to many previously found plugins
Eg UAD plugins and T RACKS plugins,
These two specific plugins title are my main usage Plugins in Wavelab. I really need to have Wavelab find show them in the Plugin list and get Mastering again

Wayne

I have “Forced plugin detection at next launch”
It creates a list of unusable plugins and creates the do not load the following types list

UAD and T-Racks are NOT on that list even though the scan shows them
Nuendo 5.52 finds all 64bit VST2 and VST3 plugins

Well, personally, i’m dumping Steinburg and selling WL7, because they can’t even get such an ALL important problem (plugin detection issue) resolved. Who wants to spend 500 bucs on a mastering app that doesn’t load the important mastering plugins - go figure. And the comical “FORCE plugin detection at next launch” is a joke. “Hey let’s force the app to find the “big boy plugs” since all we can make it do is detect the “average” plugins we DON’T need as much!” And they created the bloody vst format. One last rant: i understand if it doesn’t detect EVERY plugin, but it should at least detect more than it does. My system’s honed to perfection and i know audio and daw setups extremely well so the problem isn’t user error in this case. Granted, the reason my Waves plugs aren’t detected is possibly because Waves are new at coding for 64-bit platforms, but as for the other plugs it doesn’t reconise, it makes you wonder.

just found this issue with my upgrade to WL 8.5. cant find any solution on the net.
pretty sure i tried everything and they still work fine in WL6.1.1.
what is a boy to do with his $3,000 Mercury set of plug-ins from Wavves???
hmmm…

Upgrading from which wavelab version? Using which waves plugins? Using vst 2 or 3’?

This just happened to me.
I updated a couple plugins like the Nomad v5 and PSP Xenon and now NO Vst plugins show up no matter what I try.
They Show up fine in other apps.
I tried everything on the list from re-installing Wavelab v8.04 Win8 32 bit,
Even removed the C:\Users\xxxx\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\WaveLab 8 folder
“Force plugin detection at next launch”
Nothing…
Any Ideas?

Try the 64 bit version to see if that makes a difference.

Hi PG,
If I have a 32 bit system can I install the 64 bit version of Wavelab?
Thanks !

Yes you can. Both can be installed on the same computer.

I tried Installing WL64 on my 32 bit WIN8.1 and I got the message “This can’t be installed on this system…”
I kept trying all the alternatives I could think of with no luck.
It seems when I selected “Force plugin detection at next launch” it wasn’t re-checking the plugins.
I finally updated to WL8.5 and it went through the detection and now everything works…

With this and other experiences being so difficult to reinstall system software because of all the different software licences from eLincencer / iLok / Serial / Challenge response / Online activation app / Wibu / etc . .
I will build a new 64 bit system from scratch to have as spare.
Stopping a busy studio is crazy. I hope someday we’ll have a simplified copy protection system among vendors.

Cheers