Muting generated tremoli

Hey gang,

I could’ve sworn I had done this in the past, but I can’t seem to now. Is there a way to mute generated tremoli? It’s interfering with the sampled playback of unmeasured tremoli and flatterzunge.

Are your Expression Maps set the same as they were before for each instrument?

Unless I’m misremembering, there’s no way to do this: even if you remove the entries in the expression maps for unmeasured tremolos, you can’t prevent Dorico from doing its own thing MIDI-wise with the tremolo strokes on the notes.

I must be hallucinating – or I handled it afterwards in a DAW. The last orchestral piece was 6 months ago: I shouldn’t have problems remembering details so close in time; not at this age, at least. I guess I should just be glad I’m not fudging it right now, then.

In this case, consider it a request. It would be very helpful to mute tremoli, just like you can remove pretty much any element from being calculated for playback already.

I have the same problem: If you write flz. above a tremolo (the conventional way - Gould p. 247), you only get the tremolo and not the fluttertongue on playback. Is there a way to get the correct playback?

No, I don’t believe so, because you cannot suppress the playback of the tremolo independently from the note itself.