Chord symbol help

I’m no guitarist: can someone tell me the correct chord symbol for E minor with added second (F#) and added raised sixth (C#), please? Next, how do I create this symbol in Dorico? I have tried numerous configurations and fiddled extensively with the engraving options, but I can’t achieve it. It’s the final chord in a song that is otherwise complete.

Em6/9

Thanks, James. That generates Em6(add9) – does the 6 imply the raised 6th (C#) then?

Yes indeed, a minor sixth chord implies a major sixth as tension. Otherwise it would be written as an inverted Cmaj7 chord (Cmaj7(add#4)/E)

Thanks, koen!

Koen is quite right, yes it does . I’d just like to add that there are some engraving options available that specifically determine how 6/9 chords are notated.

You have almost all the notes of the A13 chord including the ninth without the fundamental A. Personally, I would interpret this chord as a Dominant Seventh of D major or minor depending on the context. The notes of A13 are A, C #, E, G, B, F #. The note B may or may not be present depending on the context or the color to be given to A7. The symbol should read A13/E or A(13-9)/E with 9 under number 13).

Even if is the tonic?

Quite right: the key is E minor. The added 6th and 9th are purely for colour:

My question was wether riebla would notate a tonic minor 6/9 as A13/E, which to me seems very strange

As I mentioned in my comment, it depends on the harmonic context. Given that this is a final chord in E minor. So, indeed, it’s a Emi9/6 chord. The ‘add’ is superfluous. I would rather say a ninth chord including the sixth. Slash is not required. The two digits simply overlap.

As a guitarist, we regularly play chords without their fundamental or fifth. For me, the majority of these notes can also constitute the A13 chord without the fundamentals. Again, it always depends on the harmonic context. In this case it’s Emi9/6.

Try This : play G-C#-F#-B in this order with E as bass note and go to Dmi7 or Dma7 and you have an V7-I cadence.