Dark Planet - small differences in HALion 4.5 vs VSTi?

All topics on HALion 4 and HALion 5

Dark Planet - small differences in HALion 4.5 vs VSTi?

Postby Bacizone » Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:16 pm

Hi,

I've just bought Dark Planet and went through the presets using HALion 4.5, thinking it should sound the same plus I see the structure of the programs.

However, when I just loaded Dark Planet as a separate VSTi afterward, some of the presets sounds fuller, with more bass in the VSTi version.

Where does this difference come from?

thanks,
Baci
i7 2600K - Gigabyte GAZ68X-UD3H - 16 GB Corsair Vengeance - TC Powercore Unplugged | Windows 7 64-bit | Cubase 7.5.x 64-bit | HALion 5 64-bit | Genelec 8030 | Focusrite Saffire
Bacizone

Re: Dark Planet - small differences in HALion 4.5 vs VSTi?

Postby lebouch » Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:32 pm

Are you using the same ASIO driver for both versions?
lebouch

Postby Bacizone » Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:58 pm

Sure, I am using both of them within Cubase 7, both assigned to the same ASIO device (as Cubase does not handle more than one.)

Any idea?

Mathias?
i7 2600K - Gigabyte GAZ68X-UD3H - 16 GB Corsair Vengeance - TC Powercore Unplugged | Windows 7 64-bit | Cubase 7.5.x 64-bit | HALion 5 64-bit | Genelec 8030 | Focusrite Saffire
Bacizone

Postby Matthias Quellmann » Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:14 pm

Hi there,

There should be no differences since it is the same engine. Which presets are you talking about exactly?
Best regards,

Matthias Quellmann - Product Marketing Manager VST Instruments
Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
Hamburg, Germany
Checkout Steinberg on YouTube, Twitter and Facebook!
Matthias Quellmann

Postby Bacizone » Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:53 pm

Hi,

ohhh, found the problem - on the 26th HALIon 4.5 output a low cut filter of MixConsole left switched on at 100 Hz. :lol:

Sorry for creating noise. :oops:

Dark Planet is amazing stuff.

cheers,
Baci
Bacizone

Postby Wallengard » Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:29 pm

So what exactly is the advantages of using for example dark planet and the other vsts like hypnotic dance in halion 5 vs just using them as standalone? Will I be able to get into the programming of the sounds in halion as opposed to just being able to tweak what's already there?
Manipulator of frequencies of vibrating energy
Wallengard

Postby jaslan » Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:18 pm

Wallengard wrote:So what exactly is the advantages of using for example dark planet and the other vsts like hypnotic dance in halion 5 vs just using them as standalone? Will I be able to get into the programming of the sounds in halion as opposed to just being able to tweak what's already there?

The standalone instruments should be a little easier to use but HALion will allow all the editing capabilities.
Core-i7 2820QM, 16GB RAM. Cubase 8 and Cubase 6.5.5 x64 on Windows 7. Scarlett 2i2. M-Audio Axiom Pro 61. Komplete 8. HALion 5. Jamstix 3.6. HSO VST Sound Set. Absolute VST+. 418 Carrier Landings.
SoundCloud
jaslan

Postby Wallengard » Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:27 pm

Would you care to elaborate on what those editing capabilities could look like? Right now I only have a set number or preset knobs I can tweak, anywhere from cutoff to swing, would halion 5 let me edit premade arpeggiators and other stuff on for example trip (which I have in halion sonic 2 se) on a more fundamental level?

The reason I'm asking all these silly questions is that I am having a serious hard time finding info about it online, and I'm only really trying to decide if getting halion 5 is worth it in that aspect of it not just the sampling.

What I really want to be able to do is use dark planet and hypnotic dance for example more like an actual synthesizer rather than just a rompler. Is that even possible?

Thanks
Wallengard

Postby jaslan » Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:07 am

Wallengard wrote:Would you care to elaborate on what those editing capabilities could look like? Right now I only have a set number or preset knobs I can tweak, anywhere from cutoff to swing, would halion 5 let me edit premade arpeggiators and other stuff on for example trip (which I have in halion sonic 2 se) on a more fundamental level?

The reason I'm asking all these silly questions is that I am having a serious hard time finding info about it online, and I'm only really trying to decide if getting halion 5 is worth it in that aspect of it not just the sampling.

What I really want to be able to do is use dark planet and hypnotic dance for example more like an actual synthesizer rather than just a rompler. Is that even possible?

Thanks

Just download the H5 trial and try it out. Can't go wrong with that! :D
Core-i7 2820QM, 16GB RAM. Cubase 8 and Cubase 6.5.5 x64 on Windows 7. Scarlett 2i2. M-Audio Axiom Pro 61. Komplete 8. HALion 5. Jamstix 3.6. HSO VST Sound Set. Absolute VST+. 418 Carrier Landings.
SoundCloud
jaslan

Postby Wallengard » Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:24 am

For some reason I had completely missed that, I didn't think it was possible. Now I feel quite stupid. :-)

Thanks a bunch I'll definitely try it!
Wallengard

Return to Halion